The toolbox thread

100Tours

I bought a decent belt sander from CC about 2 months ago. The time it has saved me on hand sanding has paid for it at the very least.
It was a bused and so is not perfect, frustrating at times when the belt comes off but it was really dirt cheap......
I have bought other items. For example a Kindle Paperwhite for R400 as they just didn't know what it was and so priced it wrong.
Friend also bought a Bosch didtal bluetooth tape measure for R49, again, not knowing what the product is or sells for.
Then other times I have seen items priced more than they go for new, so you need to know what you are looking at too.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Been a juggling act between over or under lubing the chain ..... all gunked up, or creaking at the end of a long dusty ride.

Got caught out a couple times where the chain would creak in the large gear towards the end of long dusty ride.  Now you need that big gear for the steep climbs, even more so at the end of a long ride .... BUT, that sound ....

And so the search started for a small lube dispenser, just for that odd occasion next to the trail.

The standard 15ml dispensers fit tightly into the SpeedSleave toolbag.  More importantly, ugly bulge on the side ...

Time for an experiment ..... for a trail side application 5ml is way more than enough.  And so an expired meds dispenser got repurposed.  Slipped off the "spout" and filled it with some dry-lube.  Quick test confirmed it is perfect to dispense one drop at a time.

1294012618_DL5ml.jpg.e48d6900fd29ff6782f6f834dcab1eeb.jpg

It easily fits into the pouch, and balances out the goodies in the other side nicely.

DL.jpg.662b8c2a7d8c6e879eb60ba2f54a143c.jpg

10 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Been a juggling act between over or under lubing the chain ..... all gunked up, or creaking at the end of a long dusty ride.

Got caught out a couple times where the chain would creak in the large gear towards the end of long dusty ride.  Now you need that big gear for the steep climbs, even more so at the end of a long ride .... BUT, that sound ....

And so the search started for a small lube dispenser, just for that odd occasion next to the trail.

The standard 15ml dispensers fit tightly into the SpeedSleave toolbag.  More importantly, ugly bulge on the side ...

Time for an experiment ..... for a trail side application 5ml is way more than enough.  And so an expired meds dispenser got repurposed.  Slipped off the "spout" and filled it with some dry-lube.  Quick test confirmed it is perfect to dispense one drop at a time.

1294012618_DL5ml.jpg.e48d6900fd29ff6782f6f834dcab1eeb.jpg

It easily fits into the pouch, and balances out the goodies in the other side nicely.

DL.jpg.662b8c2a7d8c6e879eb60ba2f54a143c.jpg

Ryder Lubretta works really well for me.