Dwayne Lackay-Basson - Scammer

ACE Cycles

So his parents have promised to refund me in full on Tuesday.

What are my options here, can a criminal case still be made after getting your money back?

LOL

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo

My question is not related to Dwayne but similar problem!

I bought a Lauf fork from a guy on the Hub, took pictures of the bike that I want to use it on before paying and he said after telling me how he worked in the industry for years and worked at Specialized HQ that the fork will work perfectly.

When I received the fork it did not fit my bike at all and after I confronted him about it he just simply said he did not give me advise, even though he did, and that he is not going to give my money back in return for the item!

There must be some sort of protection or claim that can be raised against such a person. According to my knowledge the consumer law gives you 21 days to return any item with a full refund even if it is a private person. Can not get hold of him and he refuses to take my calls or messages.

Any advise!

Contact Inspector Caveat Emptor at Interpol

LOL

I know, funny as it may sound, but I know of 4 victims who have already been refunded. So for the time being I believe that I will get paid, eventually...

I know, funny as it may sound, but I know of 4 victims who have already been refunded. So for the time being I believe that I will get paid, eventually...

Imagine how many haven't gotten their money back... 

How do you think they keep going so long...

If that's the case then yes, lay charges and make sure the Police know that his parents are complicit.

Smash them where it hurts.

They are not his friggen parents...

If you know his address, why are you okes so bangbroek that you don't go there and knock this little P03S out?

Give him a hiding he won't forget .

And let his dad watch whilst you teach his son the rules of the jungle

Wonder if I'll get a response or get blocked??

Your first comment is no more, Instagram probably took exception to your P03....

Your first comment is no more, Instagram probably took exception to your P03....

Post a link to his instagram page?

Still there if I go check, Haven't been blocked yet surprisingly... Or he doesn't Instagram much so hasn't seen it probably..