Colonoscopy and the CTCT

Wannabe

Decided to be prudent, and had the procedure moved to the following week. 

Thanks for all the replies and advice.

I The first time the prep started over 24 hours before the procedure so you need to make sure you got nothing planned for then. 

THE MOST MASTERFUL UNDERSTATEMENT OF ALL TIME

Like LWB, I had no issue, but chat to your Gastro.

However, I can give you one piece of advice, under no circumstances, even if a professional contract with team Sky depends on it, go for a ride after you have started taking the prep muti.

It will be the k@kest ride you have ever done. When they warn you to remain close to a toilet, they don't mean in the garden or in the lounge. They mean near the basin with your rods around your ankles already.

Trust me, you have less time you may think you do.....

this bad??

I made the fateful error of a big ride before the evacuation procedure - massive dehydration and hallucinations.

Minimal food intake, big ride, poo poo pills = disaster

I have done a few scopes (3) in the last year.

Picoprep will be your worst enemy. Trust me, you will either stay on the loo or stay close to it. You will not wipe your butt with toilet paper. Use cotton wool with a bit of Vaseline on it. You will know by the 2nd bag of Picoprep that moving the date on was a good choice. You will resemble a waterjet of a jacuzzi! Try to get a early time slot to have it done. You will be dehydrated and will have 0 energy. Make sure to get someone to drive you as well. You do not want to be awake for this. It is a real pain in the ass!

The 2nd time (picoprep) I did pass out for a few minutes, but had a colostomy so the bag helped a lot.

If they want to go the liquid enema route make sure to try and use all the liquid! And don’t get a nurse to assist. They did perforate my anus, and trust me it hurts. Like in “nurse I am going to kill you” sore!

The enema route was an emergency and had to get a scope done ASAP before surgery the following day.

Best of luck and hope that you get a clean bill of health. And do not read my tread on my fight before you go for the procedure!