UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bladdy solid ride from Alan. Yarre that didn't look fun at all...

Again MF looking a cut above the rest. Cink was never really catching him in my view. 

18 hours ago, l4y3rcake said:

Another one, so good to watch. Alan just not able to stay with the Frenchman.

Think it was more his rear wheel slipping out in the closing metres. 

17 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Why wasn't Candice racing either race? Anyone know. 

Speculative; 
But I don't think she was in Europe for this round? Given the expense in travel and associated costs etc, not being on a factory team support setup, closeness to games and the potential for injury. It's very likely the option chosen is to stay at home and focus on prep ahead of the games. Any racing at this point wouldn't really add that much on balance.

11 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Think it was more his rear wheel slipping out in the closing metres. 

Agreed that slip cost him a chance at a sprint finish.

18 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Why wasn't Candice racing either race? Anyone know. 

because she has her Olympic spot and is preparing at home (AFAIK)

She isn't sponsored to race every UCI World Cup XCO

Edited by DieselnDust

8 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

Agreed that slip cost him a chance at a sprint finish.

Yeah the timing! Sarrou slipped out at the rocks earlier. 

21 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Speculative; 
But I don't think she was in Europe for this round? Given the expense in travel and associated costs etc, not being on a factory team support setup, closeness to games and the potential for injury. It's very likely the option chosen is to stay at home and focus on prep ahead of the games. Any racing at this point wouldn't really add that much on balance.

Travelling in these times also carry a Covid-19 risk. Bubble-wrapping and risk management too.

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Travelling in these times also carry a Covid-19 risk. Bubble-wrapping and risk management too.

I wrapped myself in bubble wrap once... or twice. But I digress ...

32 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Speculative; 

although, with numbers rising in SA again it would be safer to prep in lets say.......France. I know this little spot down in the SE called Les Gets. Anyone heard of it? Small town, not much happens there

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

although, with numbers rising in SA again it would be safer to prep in lets say.......France. I know this little spot down in the SE called Les Gets. Anyone heard of it? Small town, not much happens there

If budget is no consideration for one thing, sure. 

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Speculative; 

This is correct information and SA champs was also meant to happen, she can also get back to familiar surroundings, settle into routine and put quality training in instead of having to limit training load and be ready for races. 

8 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

This is correct information and SA champs was also meant to happen, she can also get back to familiar surroundings, settle into routine and put quality training in instead of having to limit training load and be ready for races. 

She looks ready to ROLL on the gram. Looking forward to the Olympics-if Loana's luck is anything like her national soccer team ????

The Tokyo course will suit Loana. It has a lot of elevation. Les Gets was a good prep as they added in several similar rock and wooden bridge and drop off features.

I wish everyone participating the best possible luck and may the best athletes win