Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

They'll probably freak out if you run in the complex.

I'm sorry, but I'll just ignore their complaints. Anyone who moans about noise while you train indoors in lockdown time is just being a muthergrundy. Start that IDT up and gooi some hard intervals tomorrow.

Neighbours mtb so it was a bit loud but wow. One hour and we never party or get roudy. They could have it far worse.

Running around I just don't understand how they think they can get infected. Maybe it's loud and walking will be better.

Walked to the shops today. If anybody complains I will give them a mouthful. Won't dare run as everybody is the police now.

Edited by Let's Ride

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbours mtb so it was a bit loud but wow. One hour and we never party or get roudy. They could have it far worse.

Running around I just don't understand how they think they can get infected. Maybe it's loud and walking will be better.

Walked to the shops today. If anybody complains I will give them a mouthful. Won't dare run as everybody is the police now.

Just be considerate when you ride. Doing a noisy IDT session at 11pm would be frowned upon, but if it's daylight, I reckon it's fair game.

A backpack and a shopping list should give you some credibility if you are stopped by the real police.

Question. Can you run on the pavement outside your property? NO

Can you run on the pavement if you live in a complex? NO

Can you run in your complex? NO (I have too many old farts who complain if we dare run or even use an indoor trainer as it makes too much noise ~ sad old folks).

Question. Can you run on the pavement outside your property?

Can you run on the pavement if you live in a complex?

Can you run in your complex? (I have too many old farts who complain if we dare run or even use an indoor trainer as it makes too much noise ~ sad old folks).

It sounds like you live in the same neighborhood as me. WAAAAY too many people alternating between the neighborhood FB page and curtain twitching.

As far as I understand the current situation you can't use the common property to exercise though I'm sure a lot of body corporates are ignoring this rule. There's a couple with a toddler in my complex and they take the youngster out to play every day in the driveway for an hour or 2. No one in their right mind can seriously have a problem with this.

As far as your IDT goes there's probably a noise rule in your complex. Just be considerate and keep to the rule. 

It sounds like you live in the same neighborhood as me. WAAAAY too many people alternating between the neighborhood FB page and curtain twitching.

As far as I understand the current situation you can't use the common property to exercise though I'm sure a lot of body corporates are ignoring this rule. There's a couple with a toddler in my complex and they take the youngster out to play every day in the driveway for an hour or 2. No one in their right mind can seriously have a problem with this.

As far as your IDT goes there's probably a noise rule in your complex. Just be considerate and keep to the rule.

Bergvliet, Cape Town.

Yeah our fb group is becoming silly. You dare not cycle to the shops as you will get reported...

Bergvliet, Cape Town.

Yeah our fb group is becoming silly. You dare not cycle to the shops as you will get reported...

I cycle to the shop all the time to get groceries. I'm an all weather commuter, so it's very difficult for me to take the car when I can take the bike.

I can get about 10kg worth of groceries into my backpack, depending on which items I buy.

Managed an everage HR of 186 the other day, over 35min.

Question. Can you run on the pavement outside your property?

Can you run on the pavement if you live in a complex?

Can you run in your complex? (I have too many old farts who complain if we dare run or even use an indoor trainer as it makes too much noise ~ sad old folks).

You can't, that was made clear by government some time back, they also specifically stated complexes and housing estates are not allowed to make their own rules, ie allowing u to run/walk/walk your dog inside the complex.

Bergvliet, Cape Town.

Haha. Close enough. I'm in HB. Aparently there's about 15000 reservist policemen constantly on the local FB neighborhood cancer page pointing out peoples misdemeanors.

The other day we went to our local Woolies and there was a couple floating around with bike helmets on so they'd obviously ridden to the shop.

The glare and disgust from the one woman climbing into her Range Rover towards the couple unlocking their bikes was palpable. No doubt she later bravely took to Facebook from the safety of her multi million rand home to vent her rage at ALL CYCLISTS

Edited by Duane_Bosch

A backpack and a shopping list should give you some credibility if you are stopped by the real police.

Yep. I rode past a roadblock yesterday, plakkies, baggies, hempie and backpack. Greeted all the cops (there were about 7 or 8 of them) and they were extremely friendly. No questions whatsoever. I needed to go to a shop that was slightly further away than my normal one, but no issues at all. 

The Shutdown Shuttle is wonderful. It's truly surreal riding along the roads / pavements and seeing just how deserted the roads are. 

post-3056-0-57800000-1587377207_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

My FTP is up 13 watts since all of this shirt began. Just another 14 watts to get it to the point where it's not completely pathetic.

Well done. 

My "fitness" ( CTL score) has dropped alarmingly despite doing as many HITT sessions on the non smart indoor trainer as I could mentally handle. As a result I am too scared to do do a FTP test as the result will probably be too depressing. At least I managed 3 weeks of solid weight training so far and hopefully it will count for something sometime in the future.  

Well done. 

My "fitness" ( CTL score) has dropped alarmingly despite doing as many HITT sessions on the non smart indoor trainer as I could mentally handle. As a result I am too scared to do do a FTP test as the result will probably be too depressing. At least I managed 3 weeks of solid weight training so far and hopefully it will count for something sometime in the future.  

Mine too. It's coz one can't get out and do those long multi hour rides. Those are the ones that give you a nice big fat TSS score. I haven't tried to do a big indoors ride. I Think the best I've managed is 1.48. Certainly nothing over 2 hours.

I'm up by an average of 15 whats per day, due to the increased idiocy some seem hell bent on pushing. 

Just.... what?!

This thread is for training. during this epidemic. Finding ways to train. trying to stay fit. Zwifting, Rouvy, RGT, Dumb trainers, pushups, Running on your balcony etc.

Let's please keep it to that. There's another thread where all of the self appointed virologists, doctors and statisticians can comment.

That or the RS6 wagon is the only Audi I’d ever want/drive.

Can’t understand why wagons aren’t more popular over here.

Because everybody wants to be the 'O" wif a 4tjunher

Yep. I rode past a roadblock yesterday, plakkies, baggies, hempie and backpack. Greeted all the cops (there were about 7 or 8 of them) and they were extremely friendly. No questions whatsoever. I needed to go to a shop that was slightly further away than my normal one, but no issues at all. 

The Shutdown Shuttle is wonderful. It's truly surreal riding along the roads / pavements and seeing just how deserted the roads are. 

attachicon.gif337672d1-a628-4da4-9624-19374258266e.jpg

NICE.

Don't strava that whatever you do!!!!