Which software for IDT?

Henley 1

RGT is free for the foreseeable future. And Rouvy seems to have extended its 14 day trial to a 30 day trail. Those should keep you occupied for the next little while.

Has Rouvy trial period extension been confirmed? I signed up a couple of days ago and free clock is still counting down from 15

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Rouvy trial period extension been confirmed? I signed up a couple of days ago and free clock is still counting down from 15

Hmm 14 obviously not 15

I don’t want to improve my riding - I just want to turn my legs over on a predefined coarse for no more than 1 or 2 hours.

I have no cycling goals, I just like riding so what’s the best option for a talentless goalless person like me. Even in the virtual world I want to ride alone. Seems like a waste of money for my needs to subscribe and then use occasionally.

Edit : I will have an entry level smart idt

Edited by Waynemol

I clocked a 10 hour indoor session the other night just to prove I can do it as well as to get to knighthood status on Sufferfest. That was tough! I was really gatvol after that session & very great full that I started at 23:00 and not at 04:00 as I originally planned.

Much respect!

Which workouts did you do?

Do you get something from them in the mail?

I am planning to attempt it later this year

Wayne try the free trial period of Zwift

There are others on the routes, but YOU decide when, where and how hard you want to ride ....

Summer time ... the 25km free per month ties me over between rides outside.

Winter time I am okay paying the subscription.

I tried various options ... Zwift has the lowest system requirements. Works fine on my basic Windows 8 system. Most others require better graphis cards, and most require Windows 10...

No need to be in a hurry. All the systems have free trial periods ... test them until you find the one that works for you

Wayne try the free trial period of Zwift

There are others on the routes, but YOU decide when, where and how hard you want to ride ....

Summer time ... the 25km free per month ties me over between rides outside.

Winter time I am okay paying the subscription.

I tried various options ... Zwift has the lowest system requirements. Works fine on my basic Windows 8 system. Most others require better graphis cards, and most require Windows 10...

No need to be in a hurry. All the systems have free trial periods ... test them until you find the one that works for you

Cool will try them all then thanks - in terms of the IT side I’m pretty sorted - I have a nice “pain cave” but really I just want it as a back up.

Cool will try them all then thanks - in terms of the IT side I’m pretty sorted - I have a nice “pain cave” but really I just want it as a back up.

RGT cycling is free at the moment, maybe try that until no longer free or get bored, then try the others with free trials, you will probably get 4-5 months or so of use of software before considering paying

I don’t want to improve my riding - I just want to turn my legs over on a predefined coarse for no more than 1 or 2 hours.

I have no cycling goals, I just like riding so what’s the best option for a talentless goalless person like me. Even in the virtual world I want to ride alone. Seems like a waste of money for my needs to subscribe and then use occasionally.

Edit : I will have an entry level smart idt

Sounds like we should go for a ride - and hence when this month end chaos is over I can try out RGT

I only heard about this from the GCN show and I've seen zero actual evidence of this I'm afraid.

RGT is definitely free tho. I think Shaper will be able to advise you on how to access the freeness.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Thank you, yes, you get quite a few items: 

https://thesufferfest.com/pages/knights-of-sufferlandria 

• A nice(ish) certificate with your name on it, and a very exclusive bike decal (in white and black no less!). I am still waiting for mine but I must add that I've not been to the post box since my attempt.
  • I have also noticed that they started adding videos to the line-up which apparently is only for knights - there's currently only one  :whistling:

This one was my second attempt - my previous attempt I did 8 videos and found that my math let me down. I started at like 04:00 on the Sunday morning and decided to go all out without any rest in between to save some time. After 8 I noticed that it was already after 14:30 and I would only finish after 17:00 so I packed it in. Have I mentioned that you become "gatvol"? 

My biggest error on the 1st was that I did not have enough to eat, during the second one I had some savory pancakes at the ready - I had 8 of those small ones from WW, also some salami sticks & bars during the ride, then some porridge for breakfast after the first 6. I ate before the start as well as a protein shake. I started at 23:30 on the Saturday evening with around 4 hours of sleep. I wanted to get through it during the evening and then have most of the Sunday to recover. It's only my wife and I in the house and she was in CT for work so I did not bothered anyone during the quest ^_^. I finished around 09:30. I really messed up my selection I left some of the hardest videos for last  :oops:. Any video with long sections in the FTP category as well as some sprints are not a great idea at the end. 

Here's my line-up: 

1. The Bat
  2. Butter
  3. Do As You're Told
  4. G.O.A.T
  5. The Best Thing In The World
  6. A Very Dark Place
  7. Power Station
  8. The Chores
  9. Revolver
  10. The Wretched

My suggestion: do it now during the lock-down if you're fit-ish, it takes a hell of a long time to get through this and that along with the food intake in my view is the biggest factor to get it done  :thumbup:

Much respect!

Which workouts did you do?
Do you get something from them in the mail?

I am planning to attempt it later this year