Which software for IDT?

Henley 1

Has Rouvy trial period extension been confirmed? I signed up a couple of days ago and free clock is still counting down from 15

I contacted Rouvy to get clarity and they have extended my free trial membership till 17 April, i.e. end of lockdown (for now).

Great gesture from the guys I reckon

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted Rouvy to get clarity and they have extended my free trial membership till 17 April, i.e. end of lockdown (for now).

Great gesture from the guys I reckon

NICE! Good for you and good from Rouvy.

I rode in my lounge last night. In a cartoon. Up a fake Alp. And I enjoyed it. What does that say about me?

So interesting story. After I rode Alp du Zwift last night I checked the KOM. As you do. Some guy rode up there in 28 minutes. At 350 odd watts. with an Average HR of 106. I'm calling TOTALFKINGBULLSHIRT on that. 

For reference the fastest time up the real Alp du Huez is Marco Pantani in 37.35. I'm sure we all agree that he had pure EPO flowing through his veins at the time. 

I rode in my lounge last night. In a cartoon. Up a fake Alp. And I enjoyed it. What does that say about me?

So interesting story. After I rode Alp du Zwift last night I checked the KOM. As you do. Some guy rode up there in 28 minutes. At 350 odd watts. with an Average HR of 106. I'm calling TOTALFKINGBULLSHIRT on that. 

For reference the fastest time up the real Alp du Huez is Marco Pantani in 37.35. I'm sure we all agree that he had pure EPO flowing through his veins at the time. 

Cheating on Zwift is probably as common as doping was in Pantani's time. Would be interesting to know what the persons weight setting was during that effort. 

I have downloaded Rouvy on my desktop but struggling a bit to get everything connected.

Will try again tonight when I get a gap.

Need to do a longer ride this weekend and Suikerbosrand sounds like a lekker idea

Jaaa.... But don't worry about those cheats. Just enjoy your cartoon man.

I've climbed Alp d'Zwift 3 times in the last 6 days. It's evident I enjoy it too.....

also depends on what difficulty that guy had his settings, and weight.

• 2 weeks later...

FulGaz I found to rad, you can also load workouts for it

I only have a roller to use with cadence and speed sensor. On FulGaz I need to choose a trainer for virtual watts, any idea which is the closest to rollers?

I really wish I had one of these new smart trainers for this lock-down period. I managed to get hold of an older RAVX trainer, similar to this one, just an older version of it: https://ravx.com/product/x-catcher-copy/

I set it up on my old Raleigh RC4500 that my son now uses to cycle and tried it out yesterday. OMG! I was knackered, and could only manage about 22 minutes on it! My cadence was much higher than usually, where when I am out on the road it's about 65-70, but on the trainer it was 85. My heart rate went up from my usual of 160 to 172 on the trainer. This morning my upper legs muscles are so sore, I'll skip one day and have another go at it tomorrow morning. 

Although it was much more intense, I think I would have had a more enjoyable experience if I had the luxury of a virtual ride. Maybe something to consider getting sometime in the future.

Here is a pic of my current setup.

post-1034-0-26507100-1586760088_thumb.jpg

I really wish I had one of these new smart trainers for this lock-down period. I managed to get hold of an older RAVX trainer, similar to this one, just an older version of it: https://ravx.com/product/x-catcher-copy/

I set it up on my old Raleigh RC4500 that my son now uses to cycle and tried it out yesterday. OMG! I was knackered, and could only manage about 22 minutes on it! My cadence was much higher than usually, where when I am out on the road it's about 65-70, but on the trainer it was 85. My heart rate went up from my usual of 160 to 172 on the trainer. This morning my upper legs muscles are so sore, I'll skip one day and have another go at it tomorrow morning.

Although it was much more intense, I think I would have had a more enjoyable experience if I had the luxury of a virtual ride. Maybe something to consider getting sometime in the future.

The resistance on these old mag trainers is rubbish, not natural at all.

I’ve found on my easiest setting it’s to easy, but go up one setting and it’s like you’re on a 3% incline with a head wind, the moment you stop turning the pedals the rear wheel stops dead.

I really wish I had one of these new smart trainers for this lock-down period. I managed to get hold of an older RAVX trainer, similar to this one, just an older version of it: https://ravx.com/product/x-catcher-copy/

Jaco for the sake of comparison ....

I have one of those dumb trainers.  Bought it, used it ONCE .... realised the nobblies of a MTB and that little roller was never meant to be buddies, ie my ears were not going to survive it ....

Last year we had a reasonably long winter in the Cape.  Well, between rain and wind I was missing out on way too many rides.  So I set up the dumb trainer again .... It is mind numbing to sit in the garage peddling away to nowhere !!

I then bought a Wahoo Kickr Core, and a 2nd hand road bike to live on it.  Riding the bike without the Zwift type interface is equally boring !  :thumbdown:   :ph34r:

MANY people opt to watch Netflix, blast away their music, or simply to watch a video of bikes out on the road or trail while on the trainer.  

I tried a few of the programs.  For better or worse, only Zwift works seamlessly on my entry level NUC PC system I had spare for this purpose.  Having the data on the screen helps ME a lot !  While I am busy with rehab this makes it possible to keep an eye on the output, deliberately pushing the limit for short periods, and mostly to manage the power output to protect my knees.

Sharing the road with other riders .... uhm, jaaaa .....  :whistling:   Blessing and a curse.  It sure makes the time pass very quickly !!  But dammit, why of why do we always want to grab a draft and push the envelope ...  :devil:   :ph34r:

In short - GLAD I bought it !!

Can I throw a rock in the bush just to see how many pitch fork wielding Hub trolls jump out  :oops:.

What do you want to achieve with said platform? Are you planning on clocking some indoor miles just for the sake of riding i.e. "junk miles" or are you actually looking for something to add to your current fitness level? 

A lot of these apps are great but in my view one tend to go for the least resistance rides just to "try things out" and end up continuing down that path.  

I thought the same. Until we started racing one another on pre-agreed routes, and that most certainly gets the blood pumping! I will go back to structured training again, but most likely only after the lock down is lifted.

I only have a roller to use with cadence and speed sensor. On FulGaz I need to choose a trainer for virtual watts, any idea which is the closest to rollers?

Anyone??

• 1 month later...

So a little update.

This is a post about hardware related issues. Not the trainer but the computer(s)

I've had endless issues with my setup not connecting fully and Zwift simply not seeing my HRM. Try as I might it just never seemed to work correctly.

Unplug this. switch that on. wear red socks. Whatever. Nothing seemed to resolve the issue properly.

Then the other day for no apparent reason my laptop simply refused to connect to anything at all. I could connect via the companion app but then ERG mode doesn't work and I'm doing a program so that is kind of important. Yesterday I decide screw this and I go out an buy a new laptop. I've needed a private computer for a while and this was my perfect excuse.

WHAT A MASSIVE FAF!

I earn a living from an IT related industry so I know drivers and those types of things. I sat with the new laptop till midnight last night trying to get it working. I can't imagine how ridiculous the situation would be for a layman. Bottom line the bluetooth drivers on both machines are somehow screwed. The culprit seems to be a recent windows update.

Anyways thanks to a fellow hubber I'm now in possession of an ANT dongle and that seemed to connect seamlessly and immediately. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

So a little update.

This is a post about hardware related issues. Not the trainer but the computer(s)

I've had endless issues with my setup not connecting fully and Zwift simply not seeing my HRM. Try as I might it just never seemed to work correctly.

Unplug this. switch that on. wear red socks. Whatever. Nothing seemed to resolve the issue properly.

Then the other day for no apparent reason my laptop simply refused to connect to anything at all. I could connect via the companion app but then ERG mode doesn't work and I'm doing a program so that is kind of important. Yesterday I decide screw this and I go out an buy a new laptop. I've needed a private computer for a while and this was my perfect excuse.

WHAT A MASSIVE FAF!

I earn a living from an IT related industry so I know drivers and those types of things. I sat with the new laptop till midnight last night trying to get it working. I can't imagine how ridiculous the situation would be for a layman. Bottom line the bluetooth drivers on both machines are somehow screwed. The culprit seems to be a recent windows update.

Anyways thanks to a fellow hubber I'm now in possession of an ANT dongle and that seemed to connect seamlessly and immediately. 

NOT supposed to be THAT difficult ....

I had an old NUC PC running Win 7 in storage, this was long since replaced by a media player.

Plugged in the Ant+ sensor, paired the devices.  And it simply WORKS - touch wood !

I wanted to try various other programs .... most require Win10 and wont ever run this old box .....