Which software for IDT?

Henley 1

ya for training my go to set up is Today's Plan workouts pulled into Zwift. I see Fulgaz offers the same so I'll be trying that from this week as well. Its only in Beta for Windows but holds promise.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you do your own roads on zwift like RGT?

Nope. Closest would be to ride say Watopia, and pick your own directions at turns.

Must say that is something of RGT that looks quite interesting - I have created a few routes on Rouvy, but having a semi-virtual world instead of just a dot on a map could be nice

I clocked a 10 hour indoor session the other night just to prove I can do it as well as to get to knighthood status on Sufferfest. That was tough! I was really gatvol after that session & very great full that I started at 23:00 and not at 04:00 as I originally planned.

I am still a trainer noob, but I don't know how guys spend 3 hours on there. I prefer a short, sharp session with some intervals, a big climb or some power based efforts and then another slow burner, low power cruise to keep the legs moving after some balance board/weights.

All up maybe 90 minutes plus 30-45 minutes a day.

ya for training my go to set up is Today's Plan workouts pulled into Zwift. I see Fulgaz offers the same so I'll be trying that from this week as well. Its only in Beta for Windows but holds promise.

FG is rad, rode Omloop this am. Time really flew past. 

I clocked a 10 hour indoor session the other night just to prove I can do it as well as to get to knighthood status on Sufferfest. That was tough! I was really gatvol after that session & very great full that I started at 23:00 and not at 04:00 as I originally planned.

hahahaha nuts... My wife would kill me leaving her alone with baba for 10 hours!

Can you do your own roads on zwift like RGT?

I saw something about loading a GPX file onto Zwift. As far as I could deduce it takes the elevation changes and basically builds an ERG workout based on that. You then ride it in whichever Zwift World you choose.

So nowhere near what the others do, but it does give you the option to simulate that 1sr hour of 947...

hahahaha nuts... My wife would kill me leaving her alone with baba for 10 hours!

I did a 1h49 ride on Saturday, and that was pushing my luck... (we have a 4yo and 1yo)

RGT is free for the foreseeable future. And Rouvy seems to have extended its 14 day trial to a 30 day trail. Those should keep you occupied for the next little while.

I am too dumb to get it to work to be honest. Every where I go it want a paid subscription. Any info would be appreciated.

Nope. Closest would be to ride say Watopia, and pick your own directions at turns.

Must say that is something of RGT that looks quite interesting - I have created a few routes on Rouvy, but having a semi-virtual world instead of just a dot on a map could be nice

Well you have the option for a "ride" in a city.... get to an intersection and YOU enter Left or Right ...

So you  are not locked into fixed "routes"

BUT, you are locked into their "roads"  (hope that came across clearly..)

EDIT - rather see post #56 ...

Edited by ChrisF

I did a 1h49 ride on Saturday, and that was pushing my luck... (we have a 4yo and 1yo)

Ja... 2 hours all inclusive is about my limit in 1 go.

I used one of my 'free time' coupons to shape surfboards today.

I had 3 blanks in the shed which and now with all the free time I can finally get them shaped and glassed up in the garage.

Ja... 2 hours all inclusive is about my limit in 1 go.

I used one of my 'free time' coupons to shape surfboards today.

I had 3 blanks in the shed which and now with all the free time I can finally get them shaped and glassed up in the garage.

Would like to see that

I used Sefferfest yesterday for the first time, and really found it great. 

My setup - CycleOps Super Magneto Pro (Dumb Trainer), with Garmin Speed and Cadence Sensor 2. I don't have a power meter - which obviously would have helped - but Sufferfest calculates "Virtual Watts", based on speed, cadence, and the resistance of your trainer - they have the resistance curves for most dumb trainers, you just choose your trainer and resistance setting. 

I tried a similar setup with Zwift over the weekend, but it didn't work at all. I would pedal myself blue and have a speed reading of ~30kph clocked on my Garmin Forerunner, but the speed on Zwift would be about 5kph and the avatar would barely move, on a flat Zwift route. I raised the issue with Zwift, who told me to ignore the speed reading on my Garmin as it is wrong. BTW, Zwift also supposedly calculates your power based on your speed, cadence and trainer resistance, but it is WAY off, to the extent that it only frustrates me.

I've done a significant amount of training on Wattbikes in the gym, so I have a good idea of what my power output is at a given RPE and heart rate - this correlates pretty well with my Sufferfest virtual Watts - well enough for me to get a decent training session without getting frustrated, which is much more than I can say for Zwift. I like the structure of the Sufferfest workouts, and in addition they offer strength training plans - which is great to do every second or third day.

If you don't have a smart trainer or power meter, I would strongly recommend Sufferfest.

I also have the same dumb trainer, but with a 4iiii PM, along with a Powertap speed/cadence sensor so that I get distance on my workouts as well as my drive chain.

I ride mostly on paper-planned workouts, that are then created in my Garmin as workouts. All the interval timing is displayed on my 735XT which is mounted on my bars. 

Since the lockdown, I've resorted to Rouvy's free trial, and might extend it for another month once the 14-days are up. I enjoy riding on routes I know, which psychologically helps kill time on the trainer. It's one of the few Apps that allows this kind of dumb trainer which. I ride on the interval setting most of the time as it gives enough resistance for long slow cadence drills as well as NP sprints.

I have a dedicated rear wheel for my 13yo Schwinn Peloton Pro - an old Gatorskin that is smoother than a babies bum. Another two wheelsets are used outside when I ride the bike - excluding my Ritchey which is a better ride all round.

I used to use the power estimated on speed/cadence, but it was way overstated, almost 40-50W more than my tested FTP on a Wattbike (that was before I got my 4iiii PM). I used my gears to change resistance, but focus mostly on cadence and 3s average power to ensure I am hitting my goal. For the R3k I spent on it, it serves it's purpose.