Buyer Beware - ASG "Specials" False Stock Levels

PygaSchmyga

Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to check before I hit pay, after my last debacle trying to buy something from ASG. 

Don't buy ANYTHING from these guys without checking in person that the stock is, in fact available.  I had the misfortune on previous occasions believing their "in-stock" listings, and the pain that ensued, including a 10 week wait for the product - they burnt me good and proper.

I see, however, they continue to play games with customers - check this out today.  This listing was around 10h30.  I added the item to my cart - no problems there, but then decided to phone before I hit pay.  Oops, I was told, no stock. Not cool, and I am sure there is all manner of false advertising whatwhat nonsense that they are flat out ignoring.

Given the seemingly great specials they are running, be careful chaps, you are likely to be disappointed, and who knows if you will get your gear/money

post-81857-0-77436600-1594629621_thumb.png

Edited by PygaSchmyga

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve recently had a very concerning purchase from ASG.

There were selling the High5 Zero at a reduced price. I received the product, but after looking at the Zero tubes, there were NO expiry dates at the bottom! The tubes had the old High5 branding on them, which must be over 2 years old?

Ultimately, I think they removed the expiry dates because that product had expired. I emailed them and after back and forth with customer care, they shipped me a new box of Zeros and collected the old ones. Unacceptable and surely illegal.

None of this surprises me. Heard of so many people having unsavory dealings with them.

Surprised that people still try their luck and buy from them to be honest.

yep, same thing with their x-over bibs. always displays in stock, but it's not. waiting on new shipment. Politely requested they remove that "in-stock" claim so ppl can make informed purchasing decisions.

Nope. NFG

The stock issue is unacceptable in my opinion ... that's the sort of thing one expects from physical stores which happen to have a webpage too. Eg. (https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/186155-bike-addict-cape-cycle-systems/?do=findComment&comment=3683628)

With regards the High5 sale, was that not marketed as products nearing expiry.? (admittedly I don't pay a great deal of attention to their promos)

Worse still,... They will run a sale and sell the same item through various outlets. I. E. Takealot

so they will have two pairs of sidi in 45 and 46

they'll list it as 1 in stock.

But if someone has bought the item through Takealot their system doesn't update to reflect the goods as sold or not available.

I'd rather import sidi than order through asg.

I’ve recently had a very concerning purchase from ASG.

There were selling the High5 Zero at a reduced price. I received the product, but after looking at the Zero tubes, there were NO expiry dates at the bottom! The tubes had the old High5 branding on them, which must be over 2 years old?

Ultimately, I think they removed the expiry dates because that product had expired. I emailed them and after back and forth with customer care, they shipped me a new box of Zeros and collected the old ones. Unacceptable and surely illegal.

Isn't it mostly sugar anyway, which literally lasts forever? Asking for a friend...

Worse still,... They will run a sale and sell the same item through various outlets. I. E. Takealot

I found it interesting that Takealot had many of ASGs brands marked down by up to 70% over the weekend.

One or two had me interested ...

I contacted ASG about something else not listed on Takealot which I wanted additionally.

I wanted to consolidate the order and asked if they'd include the "Takealot" items at the reduced prices.?

NO WE CAN'T MATCH TAKEALOT.

This is unfortunately why many bike shops refuse to support asg. They trade unethically to the point that they would offer the same item that a bike shop sells, at less than what the bike shop actually paid for the item. Bike shops couldnt make any money on their product, as they would sell certain things direct to clients below our cost.thats why they opened a shop and mainly sells direct now.

Isn't it mostly sugar anyway, which literally lasts forever? Asking for a friend...

It's called ZERO... as in ZERO sugar. So no... it does not last forever.

With regards the High5 sale, was that not marketed as products nearing expiry.? (admittedly I don't pay a great deal of attention to their promos)

No, they said nothing about near expiry. there was no expiry date on the tube where there was supposed to be a date, and there was a black residue, so I am 99% sure that the expiry dates were rubbed off. And the tubes arrived in a Rudy glasses boxes, because their actual box would’ve had the actual expiry date on it too

Edited by GregoT

the posts in this thread really amaze me as to how online businesses in SA just don't seem to get it, and never even try to improve.  ASG has been around long enough to have no excuse, and yet here they are dishing $#it sandwiches day in and day out.  Do they have no pride in their business, or do they really just not care?

Its like onedayonly as well - they must have the absolute worst customer service record judging by the litany of abuse they get on the social medias.  They have also been around for long enough to know where they suck, but hey, you be getting a "bargain" so shut up and eat another poop sandich!

Edited by PygaSchmyga

more amazing how people still use ASG

:unsure:

they represent a number of known and popular brands - what choice do you have?