Critérium du Dauphiné 2020

Vetplant

Is the Lotto Jumbo team a trial?!

Roglic, TommyD and Kruisjwijk all in one go..... Leaders pulling super D duty all over the place

Guessing you didn't watch the Tour de l'Ain? I don't think I'll ever get used to watching TommyD and Froome getting dropped after doing domestique duties. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting bit of news posted on the Racing Center which I missed completely:

"Schär, a super-domestique at the front

Riding in the breakaway, the Swiss veteran Michael Schär (CCC Team) has already tasted success on the Dauphiné, participating in BMC Racing’s victory in the team time-trial of the 2015 edition, between Roanne and Montagny (24.5km). His teammate Rohan Dennis took the leader’s jersey on that day and his leader Tejay Van Garderen finished 2nd overall at the end of the week.
Michael Schär has claimed two individual successes during his career: the Swiss National championshisp in 2013 and a stage at the 2014 Tour of Utah.
He is mostly hailed for his domestique abilities and his work with Greg Van Avermaet in the classics. The Belgian leader announced on Monday he would join AG2R-La Mondiale for the next season. And Schär is coming with him."

(Very unrelated..) I wonder if related to Manuela Schar? Also Swiss and also a proper boss on wheels, but hers are on a wheelchair... Shes won almost every major marathon for the last 3 years.

(Very unrelated..) I wonder if related to Manuela Schar? Also Swiss and also a proper boss on wheels, but hers are on a wheelchair... Shes won almost every major marathon for the last 3 years.

The internet doesn't know, and often spells her surname differently.

Still love the fact that Greipel is in this race. Chapeau Gorilla. Looking at the profiles for each stage I'm guessing him and Kristoff aren't going to battle it out for the points jersey.  :D

LOL agreed, their tactics are about as suspect as Mr peak 365s performance.

The course of today might just suit Mr Peak 365. 

This course doesn't suit WvA, but watch how he finds a way to surprise us all, unless of course if he is on strict team duties for Roglic.

:)