Tour de France 2021

gummibear

32 minutes ago, Gen said:

The approach to stage 1 & 2 is going to be very interesting.. Don't forget the GC teams will also be looking at it as to not lose unexpected time.  And a lot of riders will be eyeig that first yellow Jersey. 

What MVDP will be allowed to do is going to be interesting.. Not from his side (we know he can do whatever the hell he wants lol) but what the Peloton will allow him to do.. He is The marked man.. A pleasant change for me.. Should be a lot of fun. 

each time MVDP has done what we all love watching him do wasn't because the peloton allowed him or not, he just went ahead and did it. The rest had little choice than to marvel like the rest of us. this probably goes with out saying. Cycling isn't football where you can win despite playing badly. There are no lucky punches like boxing.. Legs, head and lungs... which is a good debate - what trumps what of those 3, mechanicals aside?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

each time MVDP has done what we all love watching him do wasn't because the peloton allowed him or not, he just went ahead and did it. The rest had little choice than to marvel like the rest of us. this probably goes with out saying. Cycling isn't football where you can win despite playing badly. There are no lucky punches like boxing.. Legs, head and lungs... which is a good debate - what trumps what of those 3, mechanicals aside?

For sure.. Time will tell how he goes during the TDF.. I'm sure he'll ll do very well as expected .. It will be interesting to see how they race against him...if they can... 

I suspect Mathieu will want to wear the golden fleece. And then hunt them stages. Having him in the mix, with Wout and the GC chase with the Skybots, UAE defending, the 'charismatic' Movistar and the Yellow team, it's gonna be very exciting.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Could that be another way of saying "he's leaving the team at the end of the season"? ????

Lol old man Pat confirmed that a while ago.. But yeah funny things happen. 

1 hour ago, Gen said:

Lol old man Pat confirmed that a while ago.. But yeah funny things happen. 

I meant it as in “it’s a sore knee rather than he is leaving the team”. Like Caleb did when leaving the Giro.

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I meant it as in “it’s a sore knee rather than he is leaving the team”. Like Caleb did when leaving the Giro.

"you don't leave the mafia... the mafia leaves you"... out of the start list.... 

Kapeech? 

Mathieu wants to wear the yellow jersey as a tribute to his grandfather, Raymond Poulidor, who never had the opportunity to wear it. 

Sauce: The Move podcast ???? 

17 hours ago, Gen said:

Their GC ambition is top 5 as per article., Ackermann has had a bit of a dissapointmenting season thus far.. Something isn't lekker there.. . But I hope to see him back at his best soon.. I really do like him. 

Think he is shopping around abit 

16 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Marking MVDP is like trying to isolate Pogacar, not easy - this new crop feel rocks when their teammates get dropped.  They just adapt and win anyway

i just love the pressure and drama of the tour - The giro is great and maybe my favourite but the Le Tour is pure theatre 

While I agree 11048% on the pressure and drama comment; it’s really not great from some of the seats ????