Tour de France 2021

gummibear

8 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

I’ll bet 10 bags of dog food to the SPCA that he will pull out once the mountains start.

Even in that bumper year for DD he pulled out early. 

I reckon Jalla is going to make a run at the green jersey..... ????

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daaaaamn. What a tour. More drama in 4 days than some tours in total.

Cav and MVDP's wins were spectacular and emotional, the crashes were insane&terrible, loads of drama in the "how injured are they" department, Geraint Thomas having his shoulder popped back in on the roadside, the Roglic nude pic with 80% of his body covered in bandages.

Today is going to be boring AF compared to the first 4 stages!

4 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Today is going to be boring AF compared to the first 4 stages!

Weatherman Google suggests rain in Laval today, on a course with a couple sharpish looking bends.

GC lists will prob disagree with quoted ... hopefully for the right (read: safe and upright) reasons! 

I'm only here today for the sexy bikes though ????

Just now, Chris_ said:

Weatherman Google suggests rain in Laval today, on a course with a couple sharpish looking bends.

GC lists will prob disagree with quoted ... hopefully for the right (read: safe and upright) reasons! 

I'm only here today for the sexy bikes though ????

Mmmm  TT bikes. I like them. So smoooooth and curvy.

9 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

I’ll bet 10 bags of dog food to the SPCA that he will pull out once the mountains start.

I'm not in this spat, but I'll back the old man.

5 cat and 5 dog though...

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I reckon Jalla is going to make a run at the green jersey..... ????

10 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Patch

Our local town no longer has a SPCA, here is an animal welfare society and my family took upon them to look after animals the best we can.

Currently have 8 dogs and 9 cats, luckily not all at our house.

I am probably way off with Cav making Paris, but I am going to support him!

Your bet is a bit rich for me, but not one to stand down.

I have made a donation to Jewbecca`s Addo Corridor challenge.

Thank you for your kind donation.

Donation confirmation:

• Charity: Eden to Addo Corridor Initiative
  • Project Name: Guy McKechnie - Tusker Corridor Warrior
  • Donation Amount: 1000.00
  • Donation Date: 2021-06-30 07:36:25
  • Donation Ref: KSJGD-SF6ML-9P8ON
  • Donation Merchant Ref: BACKABUDDY4248737

See you in Paris!

10 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Ok so exactly by when does this quitting have to take place and I might be a gambler on behalf of the SPCA ?

and you get to eat a dog biscuit should you lose as you are once again doubting the will of Cav and his sheer joy at being at the tour 

12 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Well done Cav. You certainly made me eat some humble pie. 

How much more are you going to eat if/when he gets to 34 wins?   ????

25 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Our local town no longer has a SPCA, here is an animal welfare society and my family took upon them to look after animals the best we can.

Currently have 8 dogs and 9 cats,

The world needs more people like this

Looking at the photos of Roglic covered in plasters, hats off to him for battling on.  Its going to be a tough ask now, but hopefully he can still end up on the front end of the GC list by the end of the tour.

Edited by TheoG

2 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

The world needs more people like this

Off topic, apologies. 

Chris

It is my wife, our eldest son (4 years) and her brother, they should get the credit!

They drive with food parcels in their vehicles.

We even got stuck on a dune in Askham once with her feeding stray dogs.

Her dream is to get a "plot" outside of town...

To be honest, I am not always a happy camper for two reasons:

1. Not always sure about the animals temperament. We had taken in a pit-bull, he chased all of the cats and when myself and boy jumped into the swimming pool he lost it. 
  2. Me financing this. If their is a new animal, I always tell them hopefully on retirement the animals are going to look after us.

We had taken in an afrikaner three weeks ago.

The boy said he looks like a hyena, and was named Jagter. Jagter was place at an awesome family! The boy did not understand when we said we do not have space to accommodate Jagter full time, his solution was for "pappi" go and buy the families house.

55 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Ok so exactly by when does this quitting have to take place and I might be a gambler on behalf of the SPCA ?

and you get to eat a dog biscuit should you lose as you are once again doubting the will of Cav and his sheer joy at being at the tour 

You and I both know I’ll be paying that bet whether he quits today or wins on in Paris. This is more about baiting others into supporting their local puppies and kitties ????

DJuice, your family’s actions gives us hope in humanity! ????  Please PM the details so that we can make arrangements. 

40 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Looking at the photos of Roglic covered in plasters, hats off to him for battling on.  Its going to be a tough ask now, but hopefully he can still end up on the front end of the GC list by the end of the tour.

92AF040C-4E6E-4BF3-AC42-89BBE5AE0A6A.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

How much more are you going to eat if/when he gets to 34 wins?   ????

You know what, stuff it, I hope he does it.

Not the biggest Cav fan but seeing how much it meant to him, was special. Difficult to not get behind that passion.

This is now his best chance, the field is not that stacked and his team is super strong and he looks amped.

Come on Cav, dethrone that cheat! ????

19 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

You and I both know I’ll be paying that bet whether he quits today or wins on in Paris. This is more about baiting others into supporting their local puppies and kitties ????

DJuice, your family’s actions gives us hope in humanity! ????  Please PM the details so that we can make arrangements. 

Abort, abort...

21 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

You know what, stuff it, I hope he does it.

Not the biggest Cav fan but seeing how much it meant to him, was special. Difficult to not get behind that passion.

This is now his best chance, the field is not that stacked and his team is super strong and he looks amped.

Come on Cav, dethrone that cheat! ????

So bek moet jam kry ... ????