Cogent Industries, Resolved. Thank you

Enduro newbie

What all the keyboard warriors don't understand is that the guys doing the work are on their feet all day long with they hands holding tools and not a mouse. 

I have more respect for a person that swing a spanner than those who push a mouse. 

Understand that the quality of the work comes first and then the communication. Yes, communication is important but would you prefer they sit online all day long or reply to every whatsapp and email you send. 

Put yourself in the shoes of the people doing the work instead of bashing them online in a vain hope of getting a faster resolution to your problem.

Nice try bud

*** service is *** service 

I am glad they came to an agreement

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What all the keyboard warriors don't understand is that the guys doing the work are on their feet all day long with they hands holding tools and not a mouse. 

I have more respect for a person that swing a spanner than those who push a mouse. 

Understand that the quality of the work comes first and then the communication. Yes, communication is important but would you prefer they sit online all day long or reply to every whatsapp and email you send. 

Put yourself in the shoes of the people doing the work instead of bashing them online in a vain hope of getting a faster resolution to your problem.

yes and no. but also, no.

If expectations can be managed and communicated properly, a customer can be kept happy. Sure, delays and sh!t happens, but when this is not communicated to the customer, what are they to think? surely not change their expectations.... because they don't know... That's when lies get told, trust breaks down, and it becomes a social media sh!tstorm.

if a due date for completion is agreed and not met on the date, customer's gonna be a grumpy bunny, and it doesn't matter how well you swung your hammer and crummy products were crummy... however, if the customer's kept in the loop on his crummy item, most likely he'll accept delays and value communication.

the best mechanic that doesn't communicate timeously and effectively and manages expectations badly will end up being a bad mechanic. ultimately, people will vote with their feet and wallets.

that said, it would seem that this fell through the cracks. and that sucks for the OP and Cogent. it happens. it's life.

Free marketing 204 lesson:

Service failures will happen.

How the service provider reacts can potentially have a longer effect on the customer's satisfaction and brand loyalty than the failure itself.

The service provider needs to ensure that the service recovery exceeds the customer's expectation, then the long term effect will be a nett positive.

How the service provider reacts can potentially have a longer effect on the customer's satisfaction and brand loyalty than the failure itself.

The service provider needs to ensure that the service recovery exceeds the customer's expectation, then the long term effect will be a nett positive.

So if you read my last reply, yes my post did lead to a resolve with this problem I had. Myself and Jarqeus came up with a solution, he definitely went out his way and my problem is sorted. I will even do future work with him.

As for the rest of your post, I myself don’t push a mouse around. I work daily with my hands and do manual labour. So yes I know a thing or two about communication when it comes to main contractors or private clients. Communication is key and resolves 95% of all problems and helps with amicable solutions.

Don’t tell me a job done perfect 3 weeks after your deadline is suddenly going to make your already pissed of client happy? Real world problems right there.

Anyways you do you. My problem is sorted.

Thank you Cogent.

I push a mouse around all day and then go show them how to do it properly on site too...

It’s all fun and games until the pencil pusher comes by and calls you out on your BS by mixing concrete and laying bricks better than you can haha.

Don't be placing me in your boxes????

Edited by morneS555

2 free lessons in one thread?

If only we had a moderator that can close this thread....

Yea before it goes off topic ????...

Edited by morneS555

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where's you get the red pen? I also want a red one!!!!

Maaaatttttt!!!! Why does escapee have a red pen????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the two platforms (desktop vs modile) are not inclusive. Only the desktop version allows you to choose non binary font colours  :ph34r: 

If only we had a moderator that can close this thread....

Sorry the moderators are on strike, no pay no work.