Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

16 hours ago, love2fly said:

To the idiot on the TT bike in the Cradle this morning.....myself and the car ahead (car ahead driven by a law abiding lady) were held up a bit by a tour bus ...we pass you a few hundred metres before one of the Cradle circles but get slowed down through the circle where you decide to come from behind and try and pass the lady on her left hand side INSIDE the circle and proceed to shout at her and hit on her car with your hand when you run out of road. What an @sshole move. It's guys like you that give us cyclists a bad name.

My point exactly, its not cyclists or motorists, its A-HOLES, too many of them around ... 😡 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My ride this morning was marred by several horrible pieces of driving. A moron wheel spun his way out of the Chapman's hardware car park while texting with one hand without looking over his shoulder.... A golden Arrow hooted and then forced me into the gutter on that horrible stretch before Kalk bay, I held it up but lost my cool completely with him when I got him 30 seconds later and he told me "I'm riding on the road you should get off the road" Snapped his pic and it's currently in the complaints email box at golden Arrow... Doubt anything will come of it.

A blue Fortuner from Gauteng close passed me inside the yellow line headed up ou kaapse weg, a Stellenbosch toppie nearly took me out in Greenpoint and a corpulent, red cheeked, too much beer and not enough blood pressure meds jowly motherf#cker called me a rude word for a vagina for no apparent reason whatsoever even though I doubt he's been able to see his in about 20 years.

I had just pudo'd my new signed will to my accountant so I suspect the gods were just f*cking with me.

Watch out folks. The silly season is upon us and we are the subhuman cockroaches of the road.

34 minutes ago, Mamil said:

My ride this morning was marred by several horrible pieces of driving. A moron wheel spun his way out of the Chapman's hardware car park while texting with one hand without looking over his shoulder.... A golden Arrow hooted and then forced me into the gutter on that horrible stretch before Kalk bay, I held it up but lost my cool completely with him when I got him 30 seconds later and he told me "I'm riding on the road you should get off the road" Snapped his pic and it's currently in the complaints email box at golden Arrow... Doubt anything will come of it.

A blue Fortuner from Gauteng close passed me inside the yellow line headed up ou kaapse weg, a Stellenbosch toppie nearly took me out in Greenpoint and a corpulent, red cheeked, too much beer and not enough blood pressure meds jowly motherf#cker called me a rude word for a vagina for no apparent reason whatsoever even though I doubt he's been able to see his in about 20 years.

I had just pudo'd my new signed will to my accountant so I suspect the gods were just f*cking with me.

Watch out folks. The silly season is upon us and we are the subhuman cockroaches of the road.

Had a couple of close calls this week ... in the car ! 

People seems to have gone on holiday .... brains switched OFF ...

Stay safe out there 👍👍👍

To the chop in the Discovery 3 that raced into Pedal & Sprocket in a cloud of dust this morning, it's completely unnecessary to share your dust with us plebs while the operators of the property water the road to reduce the dust....and while you rushed in like you were late you then acted as if you were way early so there obviously wasnt an emergency ...don't be a ****...be lekker!

So I have been cycling to and from work the last week or so and enjoying it.

But that said the same Ford Ranger close passes me nearly every morning, I'm sure there will come a time I can ask him face to face what up. 

I ran a pedestrian over who walked right in front of me without looking. I was surprised that I didn't go down. 

But most people give me enough space. I just want to know why do they stop basically against the kirb at the light 🚦 do they feel some sort of shame when you pass them 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 11/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, Mamil said:

I had a moron try and drive me off the road this morning. I slow down then slows down, i speed up and then he speeds up. I was in my car. I am not sure if he was trying to hijack me or something. But thank goodness for horsepower, as soon as I saw a gap I was gone, but damn!!! I even forgot to get his plate.

https://eservices1.capetown.gov.za/coct/wapl/zsreq_app/index.html

20 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I had a moron try and drive me off the road this morning. I slow down then slows down, i speed up and then he speeds up. I was in my car. I am not sure if he was trying to hijack me or something. But thank goodness for horsepower, as soon as I saw a gap I was gone, but damn!!! I even forgot to get his plate.

https://eservices1.capetown.gov.za/coct/wapl/zsreq_app/index.html

One person in the car driving.?

From what I have been told by anti hijacking squads, it’s rarely less than three people in a car and you might see them pointing a phone at you as if filming but they are actually on video call with their boss showing him the car and the boss gives the order to take a car or not.. 

otherwise just an a$$hat in a car..🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

On 11/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, Mamil said:

It is unfortunately just that time of the year where people become chops. The last month I have seen the "mood" of traffic change to reckless and aggressive.

This over various times of the day, and as viewed from the seat of a motorbike.

Another long one today with more utter stupidity in evidence.

I think I'm going to spend more time on the Tygerberg trails over December and pick up the road training in earnest in January again.

The serious drunk driving hasn't even started yet

Marine Drive in Tableview this afternoon, press the beg button at a pedestrian crossing, wait for the green man, one idiot in low rider zeffed up car races across the red, and his buddy behind overtakes at the same time. Two wide over a pedestrian crossing against the red. Not the first time that I've seen this. Traffic cops conspicuous by their absence. I think a two year gaol sentence for attempted murder might be appropriate. 

11 hours ago, CapSizer said:

Marine Drive in Tableview this afternoon, press the beg button at a pedestrian crossing, wait for the green man, one idiot in low rider zeffed up car races across the red, and his buddy behind overtakes at the same time. Two wide over a pedestrian crossing against the red. Not the first time that I've seen this. Traffic cops conspicuous by their absence. I think a two year gaol sentence for attempted murder might be appropriate. 

Yesterday you may find that many of the traffic officers in the area may have been busy with the Toy Run.

Chops running a red light is a bit of a problem as of late though.

Only one close call this weekend.

Sunday morning, Alberton, turning off the ring road near the new hospital, turn right, past the engen to head up to Florentia. To my left, heading through the Engen is a taxi, I predicted what he was about to do, and watched as he headed to the exit, directly infront of me. 

Because I knew what he was about to do my hands were already touching the brake levers, I was however hoping he wouldnt do it so I did not slow down in anticipation. But I quick grab of the brakes, a little sliding of the rear wheel and all was ok. He even apologized.

17 hours ago, Michael Dewing said:

One person in the car driving.?

From what I have been told by anti hijacking squads, it’s rarely less than three people in a car and you might see them pointing a phone at you as if filming but they are actually on video call with their boss showing him the car and the boss gives the order to take a car or not.. 

otherwise just an a$$hat in a car..🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

There may have been 2 people in the back seat. I was too focused on not getting smashed into!! After all I can get my near classic in an accident.! 

I was alongside the front of the white corrolla and could just about see the driver who looked like noem my skolliie. At which point I looked for an exit strategy and floored it.

14 hours ago, CapSizer said:

F'ed up indeed. This weekend I witnessed a traffic office ignoring a long line of cars parked on a red, which basically closed that lane. Instead the officer was too in a hurry to get out of there and drove into oncoming traffic flashing his lights and causing a traffic jam. 

Law enforcement is non existent for most people in this country. The only people unto whom the law is enforced are the middle class.

3 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

There may have been 2 people in the back seat. I was too focused on not getting smashed into!! After all I can get my near classic in an accident.! 

I was alongside the front of the white corrolla and could just about see the driver who looked like noem my skolliie. At which point I looked for an exit strategy and floored it.

No that’s fair.. you did the right thing.!

😉🤙🏻