Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2022 at 9:45 AM, capediver said:

I understand the concept of walking and running against the traffic....and it holds for most situations...this stretch is not one of them.

come to the Weskus where cyclists ride against traffic. gives me heebeegeebees

11 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

So in an interesting twist of fate the ding in my tailgate seems to have fixed itself. There's still a small dent with an Oakley logo in the middle of it but the fairies repaired the main big dent.

Do you park outside in the cold .... the cold weather we have had my have just been enough to pull the sheet tighter and pull the dent out?

11 hours ago, Hairy said:

Do you park outside in the cold .... the cold weather we have had my have just been enough to pull the sheet tighter and pull the dent out?

Yes I do. Very interesting hey? There's still a small little dent but I'm going to try the glue gun and coke bottle trick on that. 

33 minutes ago, 117 said:

When I was growing up, many many moons ago 🙈, your bicycle did need to be "licensed".  It was a small tag that you had to get/buy and attach it to the axle bolt.  Cant remember though if it was a yearly thing or a once of, my parents used to take care of that back then ... :) .

Edited by TheoG

5 minutes ago, TheoG said:

When I was growing up, many many moons ago 🙈, your bicycle did need to be "licensed".  It was a small tag that you had to get/buy and attach it to the axle bolt.  Cant remember though if it was a yearly thing or a once of, my parents used to take care of that back then ... :) .

used to need a license for your dog as well. a similar tag which needed to be on the dog's collar

Just now, MTBeer said:

used to need a license for your dog as well. a similar tag which needed to be on the dog's collar

True, I remember that.

4 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Yes I do. Very interesting hey? There's still a small little dent but I'm going to try the glue gun and coke bottle trick on that. 

If there is no damage to the paint, a paintless dent removal guy can take out dents for R350 per body panel (not per dent). He does a great job.

• 3 months later...

This is probably the right place for it:

A rider was hit by a driver this morning in Bakoven.

I went with the rider to hospital and he is stable and will have to have the leg sorted. 

The driver just pulled in front of the two riders, grazed the first and hit the second. There is not a tube on the bike that is not cracked. 

Luckily we have a few guys that are handy with blood and bandages so managed to stabalize before ambulance could arrive. 

The driver stopped, like he had a choice with 40 cyclists around. He was chatty and wanted to say sorry etc, told him its probably NOT the best idea when the dude is in pain on the ground.

Very kind neighbors brought out blankets and bandages and Bootlegger looked after our bikes while I went to the hospital.

Be safe out there, dont trust drivers.

Can I just mention the Knob driver in a Hilux that shouted at us while we were bandaging up a broken leg and applying a tourniquet to our friend " Can you cyclists get out the F'ing road" This was because chub chub had to wait 4 seconds before turning up Houghton drive. 

The only thing worse than a Hilux driver is if he drives a Hilux and also supports the Bulls.

Jokes aside, I hope your mate is alright with his leg. Those are the worst injury to have as you are dependent for long after leaving the hospital. And now, just before the summer holidays start. Ai man.

24 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Can I just mention the Knob driver in a Hilux that shouted at us while we were bandaging up a broken leg and applying a tourniquet to our friend " Can you cyclists get out the F'ing road" This was because chub chub had to wait 4 seconds before turning up Houghton drive. 

I’m doing my level 1 BLS course (yesterday and today). Had to share Charles’ Strava photos with our group, as it was a good example of how things are at an accident scene. Good and bad things from hazards, first responders, stabilizing the patient, etc.