Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I know Morne personally and can attest to his person. He is not a scammer and a really decent person. He is working at getting admin right. He clearly in ignorance made an honest mistake. He made an honest mistake with me also in the past, but he was truly willing to make right and it lead to a great relationship built.

We are always quick to fry someone without knowing them from a bar of soap. Now, can we calm down and give this guy a chance?

Danie

Maybe he should have been less defensive and a bit more honest.

Cancel Culture has found it's grimy way to Le Hub.

This was all just poor form and bad manners. Now, if only this were Friday and there was some hot popcorn and melting butter.

I am reminded of some fair barneys over the years. Ah, to reminisce of the good ole days...

Robbie are you still cancelling Trek because of their social media policy?  :ph34r:

Oaks, oaks it's resolved. Now calm down and regroup and recoup for Friday. All this talking k@k is braking my internet...

Robbie are you still cancelling Trek because of their social media policy?  :ph34r:

Uhm, only because I can't afford one...

Having seen how nasty 'cancel culture' has become, I have revised my perspective and now let people take responsibility for their own undoing.

so it all boils down to the 2nd return transaction.

if treated on its own its dodgy as balls.

I do not know anyone who would be comfortable sending goods first and getting paid after the goods are received by the buyer. It is almost always pay first, then goods are shipped. 

Morne for some reason did not see the above as ok and normal and thus this thread exists.

damage done here is entirely his own fault IMO.

Guys who keeeeeeeep posting "shut this down and move on" = Unfollow it / dont read it.

I find it funny how morne can quickly come post here but when there was an issue with the thing he sold he did not reply to a whatsapp for hours/days.

He took that high ground that the buyer should wait he is ready to talk to him

"kan jy nie foken regig ni wag tot die naweek ni"

He belittled the buyer

"As jy slim genoeg was het jy dievurk sefl weer verkoop"

He told to buyer to go for it when buyer mentined hub.

"Great go vir dit"

Then he came here and cried lies lies and told the buyer to post the whatsaps or he would.

AND the whatsapp just show what a boks he was .

morne, does your whatsapp have a character limit that you can not complete a word properly?

It is people like morne that give bikeshops, service centers a bad rap. People like him who will take newbie for ride, charge more than what he should etc etc

And those people are our friends, many do not have lots of money and can not afford to overpay for GX upgrade kit by 3k ( another "bikeshop")

Lets see how long we can keep this thread going. Perhaps another detailed breakdown of the whatsapp messages in in order.

Uhm, only because I can't afford one...

Having seen how nasty 'cancel culture' has become, I have revised my perspective and now let people take responsibility for their own undoing.

Kudos for being open minded on this..

Not sure though that peeps not wanting to do business with people who they consider to deliver poor customer service can be called "cancel culture"? 

So on this thread mr morne says "sorry" but over here last night he stills states that he was willing to sort it from start?

then this 

"i am, and was right from the start"

"and in the context of THAT thread, the seller openly admitted fault - eventually." <=please show me where

"Would he have without all the negative press and pressure? Hard to say isn't it. "

W T H morne?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/188122-grabbing-your-torches-and-pitchforks/?do=findComment&comment=3767791

Two different Morne's

Your post above was Morne, commenting about the actions of Morne5083

https://community.bikehub.co.za/user/64325-morne/

This is  Morne5083 that sold the 650b fork, who admitted his mistake.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/user/96471-morne5083/

How dumb can you be? Morne, you knew how the Whatsapp read and you wanted to make it sound like Robert was in the wrong with your 1st and 2nd post..

Robert, hat's off to you for handling this so professionally - I would have lost my shat long ago.

Morne - From reading that Whatsapp conversation I'm genuinely surprised that you have some people standing up for you. Get your act together.

Guys and gals (If there's any here) - Mornè has sent me the proof of payment and he has also requested that I post the full conversation from our dealings on WhatsApp here on this thread. 

Just to be clear, I've not sent anything to anyone else about Mornè, I re-listed the fork in the hope of selling it on. So here's the full conversation. I have removed the banking details for both parties envolved

Edited by M L

Two different Morne's

Your post above was Morne, commenting about the actions of Morne5083

https://community.bikehub.co.za/user/64325-morne/

This is  Morne5083 that sold the 650b fork, who admitted his mistake.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/user/96471-morne5083/

Guys

i was absolutely in the wrong and i truly apologize in the behavior that i approached this.

I refunded the guy and will act more professionally in the future.

thanks for everyone involvements to make me realize that i need to be better in my admin upkeep.

thanks

Morne