Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

Contador holds the title of the youngest to win all three GTs (he was a few months short of his 26th birthday when he won the Vuelta in 2008). Bernal only turns 25 in January, so has two chances (2021 and 2022) to win the Vuelta and take the youngest title from AC.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Pretty amazing that Bernals domestique finished 5th 

imagine if Pogacar had a team like Ineos behind him.  I reckon he’d  be quite good then 

A very good team obviously helps, but leading a very strong team like Ineos also put  the protected rider under immense pressure. 

Imagine Bernal stuffed up today after all the work done by his highly paid teammates.

It happened to Roglic last year. 

Speaking of my man Rog, I must say I was left pretty deflated by TJV. They had a rockstar stage 1, (or equal with Ineos I suppose) but then didn't seem to feature again, despite having more than enough firepower to go round. They finished high up in the team standings I think, but meh... not sure I really noticed them ever

Anyway, this was fun. The rest of the off-topic hub is quietly dying so I don't have much left to do here. I look forward to the next stage race (not sure if I need to *comment much on Thomas dominating the Dauphiné) or TdF for a bit of a blah blah. 

Edited by Chris_

Well the Kiwi GB had his chance ...  yes he fell short on several occasions but he was there, or thereabouts as is oft said, and showed great sportsmanship. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It wasn't the only team to falter: TSF, Astana

The Latin flavoured guys in Ineos were superb, all the way. One for the books.

13 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

imagine if Pogacar had a team like Ineos behind him.  I reckon he’d  be quite good then 

100% and go further down the list and when you see Moscon finished 24th(Castreviejo was 23rd) you know the team is strong(or the other teams are not?)

But the time gaps seemed big to me. Nibali was the first guy over an hour behind and he was 18th.

35 minutes ago, Gen said:

another great addition of the Giro.

let's also take a moment to go aaaaaaah, mini Sagan is too cute.

Marlon firing and collecting confetti was the highlight of the closing ceremony. Probably wont be the last time he gets to do that................. The shirt will probably fit him when he does it in the future.

39 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Marlon firing and collecting confetti was the highlight of the closing ceremony. Probably wont be the last time he gets to do that................. The shirt will probably fit him when he does it in the future.

Special father and son moment, up until now Sagan has been very cautious and has kept little Marlon from the public eye.. understandably so, so it was a cute moment.. Little mini Sagan for sure.

too cute.. stole the podium show.

Big suprizes: Assos-Qhubeka with 3 wins, Bahrain Victorious on the podium, no stage victories for the WolfPack, the amount of breakaway wins, the amount of precipitation, maybe.

spacer.png

Didn't know that Team Bike Exchange GM was a South African chap by the name of Mr Brent Copeland. Great to see for SA Cycling that we have people doing well on the Grand Tours even if it's not the riders. Geez SA cycling really has so much to offer actually.

Just now, 'Dale said:

Big suprizes: Assos-Qhubeka with 3 wins, Bahrain Victorious on the podium, no stage victories for the WolfPack, the amount of breakaway wins, the amount of precipitation, maybe.

spacer.png

And they're giving these away in a competition, Tried to enter but the same old "This competition is not available in your Country" message pops up. I mean they could've let us enter, If i had won I could've had it sent to someone in UK and don't the rest from my side.

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

spacer.png

I think with Landa they did stand a good chance of a podium, the big surprise was DC getting on there after Landa's early exit.

Lekker paintjob and kit for EF. They always seem to impress, well to me anyway.

15 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I'm pretty certain that if Ineos sets a pace, Pog will sit on. All very well and good having a team that can set an infernal pace (nods to Sean Kelly), but if a rider from another team can sit on, well, it's still mano-a-mano, which we want anyway

Edited by lechatnoir
punctuation