Website update gremlins

Noooooooo, you've broken the Bike Hub.

I do not like the new setup / layout at all, can't find my way around it......????

Imagine my shock and horror to return to the Hub after a few days absence, to find it like this. Nope, not working for me at all.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Noooooooo, you've broken the Bike Hub.

I do not like the new setup / layout at all, can't find my way around it......????

Imagine my shock and horror to return to the Hub after a few days absence, to find it like this. Nope, not working for me at all.

Phone or PC ?

Phone layout was "weird" at first ... now enjoying the new layout.  Certainly a lot more functional ... even though it takes a few stabs to find the new ways of doing old things.  Keep an eye for the many improvements.

PC layout is easy enough to find your way in the new layout, much smaller changes.

All considered, Nick and his team did a good job. :thumbup::clap:

25 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Phone or PC ?

Phone layout was "weird" at first ... now enjoying the new layout.  Certainly a lot more functional ... even though it takes a few stabs to find the new ways of doing old things.  Keep an eye for the many improvements.

PC layout is easy enough to find your way in the new layout, much smaller changes.

All considered, Nick and his team did a good job. :thumbup::clap:

Laptop / PC

I'm a fossil, set in my ways. Takes me a bit of time to get used to sudden changes, especially where computer technology is involved.

16 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Laptop / PC

I'm a fossil, set in my ways. Takes me a bit of time to get used to sudden changes, especially where computer technology is involved.

I have been involved in major software rollouts for a really long time, one of the things I have noticed is that some users go through a similar process to the grief process when a system changes! It can be really daunting and causes a lot of anger and frustration.

I also know that in follow up checks that I did 30 days after go-live that the most vocal people against the new system/layouts/changes would not be willing to go back to the old system as they were now used to the new and it was indeed better.

I guess what Im trying to say is, give it some time, its actually pretty good and it has some nice new features.

Now if only @Matt would implement that dark theme then all would be well.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:10 AM, SwissVan said:

Where did the cancel button go, when writing a reply post and deciding to not post it?

I found this below that might help.

And now I can’t upload an image. Will try edit once I’ve posted this.

5BB29F61-0CF4-4925-8AEB-DBE67F274C71.jpeg

Edited by Frosty
Was able to add photo after posting

30 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Laptop / PC

I hear you .... :whistling:

When a photography forum made drastic changes I just logged out, for good ....

Trust me, this new layout really works better :thumbup:  Well worth taking an hour or two to get used to it.

"Recent threads" - still on the right on the PC.  On the phone just scroll further down when you are done with a thread and the current threads are at the bottom of the screen.

Loading photos are MUCH easier on the PC.  Yet to try it on the phone.

So in this latest update, my post count has dropped? There some topics been removed perminantly? 

Not to do with the 'new' forum but would appreciate 5 mins to edit postings to fix typos before the post being flagged as 'edited' - others do that, such as YouTube

1 hour ago, shaper said:

So in this latest update, my post count has dropped? There some topics been removed perminantly? 

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, I think. I posted my count at the time I saw the comment from Admin. 

Mine has dropped by +/- 1000

For some reason I am really struggling with the search function under the forums.

An example, I just did a search looking for "YT" and before a good few threads would pop up...now, nothing.

And all I want to do is post this

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, I think. I posted my count at the time I saw the comment from Admin. 

Mine has dropped by +/- 1000

Mines dropped by about 7000.. they Must have removed posts related to chit chat as nick et al have been alluding to

29 minutes ago, Hairy said:

For some reason I am really struggling with the search function under the forums.

An example, I just did a search looking for "YT" and before a good few threads would pop up...now, nothing.

Same problem, some error message

Alan Hatherley bike was in an article a few months ago.

Please get photos of his new bike.

10 hours ago, Hairy said:

There are still processes running the background indexing all the previous content for search. It should improve once done.

Otherwise, I usually go straight to Google to search on Bike Hub. Can't compete with them.

10 hours ago, DJuice said:

Same problem, some error message

Alan Hatherley bike was in an article a few months ago.

Please get photos of his new bike.

The Alan bike check caused issues when we converted the articles to the new platform so I deleted it. It is on the to-do list for republishing next week.

Here's cached copy in the meantime:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m8k8HgEM6REJ:https://community.bikehub.co.za/features/_/tech/bike-check-alan-hatherlys-cannondale-scalpel-r8227+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=za

3 cool features of the updated version:

• piccies can be downloaded  from my smartie phone ???? 
• the full range of emotional icons is accessible ????

• the list of recent topics at the bottom of the screen

Good job, Team BikeHub ????