Website update gremlins

10 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

It is at the bottom when you reach the end of the thread, no need to scroll back up.

Improvement IMHO.

2021-05-18 08_56_27-Website update gremlins - Page 15 - Site Announcements - Bike Hub.png

Thanks, never needed to go all the way to the bottom of the page, after reading or posting the last comment, was always back to top right... another thing to get use to!

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, shaper said:

So now you enter a forum thread and you loose the list of threads on the right?  Have to click home to get the list of active topics? Click, Click Click to navigate!!!!

We're testing out a slightly different approach on desktop which matches how mobile functions with the Recent posts at the bottom of the page below the last post. It should mean less scrolling after reading the last post in the topic not having to go all the way back up to the top see the other active topics. 

It also means the posts are full width which should help those who've found things a bit narrow. 

22 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Next you will want comments on adverts and the off topic threads tagged to the side of the page below the on topic threads.

I

Nick something you might look at ....

"Ctrl + Click" opens threads in new tabs - THANKS.

Using this on an add redirected the page to the add, instead of opening it in a new tab ...

46 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

not being facetious here, but what exactly were the issues with the old Bikehub?

There was lots of talk of cockpits and nipples and then there was open warfare over wheel sizes. The nuclear detonation was about someone saying something about someone's kids - or something like that. I remember people defecting to another forum and some of us just went into exile.

Oh, wait, you meant the forum format, right?

5 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

There was lots of talk of cockpits and nipples and then there was open warfare over wheel sizes. The nuclear detonation was about someone saying something about someone's kids - or something like that. I remember people defecting to another forum and some of us just went into exile.

We REALLY need a "Popcorn" emoji ..... :whistling: :P

@Nick Not sure if anybody has spoken about this, but is there any way to get in touch with the owner of an expired ad? Some way to send a direct message or is this purposefully disabled?

1 hour ago, MTBeer said:

not being facetious here, but what exactly were the issues with the old Bikehub?

The technology was very old and about to implode. It may have looked like it was working but in the background we were constantly putting out fires which were only getting more numerous as time went on. The options were to do the update, change to a complete new Forum platform, or close it down.

18 minutes ago, Nick said:

The technology was very old and about to implode. It may have looked like it was working but in the background but we were constantly putting out fires which were only getting more numerous as time went on. The options were to do the update or close it down.

kind of like moving from 3x8spd to 1x12spd!

51 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

ah the good old days