Website update gremlins

Hey @Matt I was just scrolling through the settings and noticed the dark theme is missing.... :D

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssseeeeee!! please stop my bleeding eyeballs every time I come here!(which is all the time!)

I have every app and every website possible set to dark mode on my machine, so its really jarring when I switch to this tab.

Surely its not that hard? the forum software even has the options, unless of course its been heavily customized.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

it is actually quite nice - was just quoting someone for effect 

the ugly part is that I paid not to see the not so ugly Kia 

Ahh ok :D

Yeah I think its like @Harryn said, its in the background to prevent adblockers from hiding it.

7 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Mine still shows it though.

57 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I can’t get ride of the ugly Kia and I have it blocked 

41DCBB95-2222-442B-84A8-D725150C5130.png

Apologies, this is a bit of an oversight on our side. You shouldn't be seeing any banner ads, however the main header element on the home page will contain advertising content when we're running a home page take over like with Kia. 

I'll put in a dev request to tie this in with your Plus "hide all ads" preference so you can truly hide all ads. 

To confirm, you are still seeing the header ad (green arrow), but not the banner below (red arrow)?

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.31.10.png

5 hours ago, Lou Zealand said:

With respect to post counts, is this an issue that will be eventually be resolved or do we need to request some type of recount? My count seem to have lost 300+

Unfortunately the updated post counts are here to stay. Most members will have seen a drop after the recount due to topics removed over the years, and some "pruning" of some seriously old topics. 

We had over a decades worth of content to migrate and this was necessary to ensure the upgrade process as streamlined as possible and downtime kept to a minimum.

6 hours ago, Lou Zealand said:

With respect to post counts, is this an issue that will be eventually be resolved or do we need to request some type of recount? My count seem to have lost 300+

300 pffft...I've lost thousands...gonna have to work my way up to 20k again

6 hours ago, MTBeer said:

Is it just me or this new Bikehub a  bit too much effort? Used to be easy to quickly check out a topic in between doing some work. Now I have to quickly do a bit of work in between navigating the Hub.

100%

I just gave up

I have to agree 

the new site sucks

it has become a pain to navigate. It’s so far removed from the previous site ito navigation that I am fast loosing interest in this platform. I am tech savvy but this is maybe a step to far

7 minutes ago, xamnam said:

I have to agree 

the new site sucks

it has become a pain to navigate. It’s so far removed from the previous site ito navigation that I am fast loosing interest in this platform. I am tech savvy but this is maybe a step to far

Don’t worry, one day when you reach ultimate status you won’t remember the previous version 

I’m getting used to the upgrades and I’m finding using my phone so much more intuitive 

sure it’s going to need refinement but I’m happy to exit the cave

Generally as a rule I try not to moan about free entertainment. As a middle aged man I have so many other gripes  

41 minutes ago, ouzo said:

not sure if I'm missing something or not, but I have no issue finding all the content. I click on forums in the menu at the top and it gives me the active topics across all the forums, OT or not.

Agreed, I also have no issue and also dont understand the complaints about dark mode. On a windows platform, you can change it the theme and all you programs, apps etc should have the darker theme. 

Anyway, so far so good apart from a few minor mentions on my part. 

Not sure if this has been asked - I haven't followed this thread. Am I right in thinking that I can no longer see how many people have "viewed" posts? 

It was always interesting to me to see who noticed when I posted an update ????

If you click on a notification from the toast popup, it doesn't clear the red notification in the balloon. Very annoying for the OCD among us

When the site is only on half the screen this is what I see.

image.png.36770b469a0ab62f3c7bdffb429bb31f.png

How do I get to this button that is visible in fullscreen? The active topics takes me to another feed, not the saved one?

image.png.9f2232cdc89b20a7d55f9d61f4f627c1.png

still no Chit Chat topics showing in the Active Discussions. Is this a deliberate omission, or something that is in the process of being addressed? Or is there a setting somewhere I can change?