Ryder Innovation win Eurobike Award for Luberetta

CharlesV

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Yeah they have two versions, one with lube and one without. I saw both ath Chris willemse 

you learn something new everyday.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, ouzo said:

It doesnt come with lube, just the empty bottle.

For something like you describe above its ideal. I do wonder though, how would you get rid of the dust on the chain first before applying lube ? surely applying lube onto a dusty chain is a big no no

Such a fine balance ....

Over lube at home, and it is one gunky mess after a long dusty ride ....

Keep it lubed, without excess, and it sometimes gets noisy towards the end of a long dusty ride.

YES, I would hate to put fresh lube onto a dusty chain.  But that would be for the last 20 odd km to get back, followed by a proper clean, dry, re-lube.

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

some feedback.

I filled it up before I left for cape town, did not use it in cape town so popped it into a plastic bag and stuck it in my luggage for the return. I'm not sure if it was the airpressure or something pushing against it in my luggage but it leaked, luckily into the plastic bag.

I cleaned it up and left it on its side on my workbench, still with a small amount of lube in it, this weekend I went into the workshop and found a little puddle under the device.

On the next iteration I'd like them to come up with a way for the nozzle piece to lock into position on the bottle piece, so that when you unscrew the lid it does not unscrew the nozzle piece at the same time.

The next thing is the lube I'm using is clear, when using it out of its normal container it leaves a big enough sizes bubble on the link which lets you see that you've dropped lube on it, with the Luberetta you cant really see, so I landed up applying some pressure to squeeze the bottle and ran the chain around twice.

On the plus side it is quick to run the chain through, and having the guides means less concentration is needed.

the leak into the plastic bag during the flight would be due to the internal pressure being higher than external.

On the lid unscrewing the applicator head, I' already mailed them about this. What they need to do is use a different pitch thread on the two components or the cover should just snap into place, thread is not needed

40 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

the leak into the plastic bag during the flight would be due to the internal pressure being higher than external.

On the lid unscrewing the applicator head, I' already mailed them about this. What they need to do is use a different pitch thread on the two components or the cover should just snap into place, thread is not needed

Your thoughts on "their lube" vs buying the empty unit and using your own preferred lube ?

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Yep, that’s why I mentioned the airpressure. 

rhe different pitch threads sounds like a good idea. 

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Your thoughts on "their lube" vs buying the empty unit and using your own preferred lube ?

Strange, I found it to be fairly thick, I do agree about the thread issue though, I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times now

13 hours ago, ChrisF said:

spacer.png

And you can apply it to the chain straight from the bottle...

all I know is I will buy a few each time I go into my LBS, as it seems with all "better" vs2,345 products they just dont seem to last,

when I started riding bikes I never even knew what was the ball park price of a cassette as they were only replaced if I fell or I spoilt myself buying a really old second hand bike with a poked cassette and then it was lunch money to replace

Man bike parts pricing insane never mind bikes

once, on a rock not a fond memory, point is pre all this new "light tech" did you know what a cassette cost or gave a dam,,probably not as they lasted looooong

15 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Prefer my own lube.the supplied lube is too runny

Same, although I didn't check the stock Lubretta lube tbh. Just stuck with my regular stuff, Smoove. Will get another two to keep a wet lube in, truthfully this is just so that I can label them as Aweh Moist and Nie Moist. 

• 5 weeks later...

What is the size of these units ?

Looking for something similar in size to a C02 bomb ... standard side pouch in the saddle bag.

The typical small lube bottle is just too wide for to fit in the C02 pouch ....

Dusty season is here.  Had to get some chain lube from a fellow rider during last weekends ride.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.