Koos Likkewaan

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

My non cyclist wife woke me up and told me my mate is off course 

I don’t know the secret handshake rules, as clearly most of us are Dot watchers not participates 

not 5 min later I received 3 more sms Vetty is off course

my first response was to sms him  , as of 23:35 now/today it’s not been opened 

yes I know you don’t have to open it to read it, but I do know when he is on line and not, 

end of the day there is decent prize money involved and rules must be followed 

it is extremely hard to police over 1100 plus kms, as all events I’m sure they will learn and progress and adapt

What I’ve taken from the event is

it inspires 

it makes US  want to be legends 

it draws crowds and followers no other event has managed to draw

out of all the riders, what I take is under these ridiculous times we are all trying to survive in they hosted an awesome event

If Europe ever allows us expatters back into Africa I'm buying you the most special Bells we can find. We'll said sir!

Such a stunning piece for this thread:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

18 hours ago, Shebeen said:

12. RACE ROUTE
• If a rider inadvertently leaves the Race route, he has to return to the Race route at the same
point at which he left it.

Well there you have it, those rules are only applicable for male participants....

Edited by NC_lurker
Clarity

10 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

My non cyclist wife woke me up and told me my mate is off course 

I don’t know the secret handshake rules, as clearly most of us are Dot watchers not participates 

not 5 min later I received 3 more sms Vetty is off course

my first response was to sms him  , as of 23:35 now/today it’s not been opened 

yes I know you don’t have to open it to read it, but I do know when he is on line and not, 

end of the day there is decent prize money involved and rules must be followed 

it is extremely hard to police over 1100 plus kms, as all events I’m sure they will learn and progress and adapt

What I’ve taken from the event is

it inspires 

it makes US  want to be legends 

it draws crowds and followers no other event has managed to draw

out of all the riders, what I take is under these ridiculous times we are all trying to survive in they hosted an awesome event

Making legends of midpackers, are we riding next year? 

2 hours ago, Eldron said:

If Europe ever allows us expatters back into Africa I'm buying you the most special Bells we can find. We'll said sir!

Special bells 😂 

17 minutes ago, BigDL said:

True -although bells is pretty awful stuff, even at Christmas. 😂 

hahah... 100%

If you want to flash those Euros at least buy him a nice Single Malt.

8 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Mostly the Americans and Irish. I prefer whisky :-)

A customer of mine owns a whiksy distillery right here in Copenhagen has tried a few times to convert me but man oh man I just cannot acquire the taste.