E-bikes on Strava

Velosauce

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

These sorts of things to me pang of major insecurity 

No doubt social media has its addictions, the need for "look at me" is deep seeded in all of our brains.

If you turn it into a positive, like what strava can and does inspire, and dont see it as a bad thing, motivation has changed my health for the better on the completely other side of the spectrum.

Instagram and Facebook selfies are where the potential non productive/mental health issues lie, but not on strava IMO

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kom said:

No doubt social media has its addictions, the need for "look at me" is deep seeded in all of our brains.

If you turn it into a positive, like what strava can and does inspire, and dont see it as a bad thing, motivation has changed my health for the better on the completely other side of the spectrum.

Instagram and Facebook selfies are where the potential non productive/mental health issues lie, but not on strava IMO

Pressure to be on leaderboards, worrying that XYZ is on the leaderboard and maybe shouldn't be, friends ahead of you that shouldn't be, unable to ride in zone 2 because people might think you're slow.....

All of these have an affect on your overall well being, adding anxiety or pressure where there really is none.

Besides, with the photos, videos etc all I see on strava are butt pics, butt videos, coffee and bikes against a wall. It's basically IG/FB rolled into exercise stats these days.

I use STRAVA but it is set to private. It's become a pretty over used social platform and just uses tools to fuel people addiction.

40 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Pressure to be on leaderboards, worrying that XYZ is on the leaderboard and maybe shouldn't be, friends ahead of you that shouldn't be, unable to ride in zone 2 because people might think you're slow.....

All of these have an affect on your overall well being, adding anxiety or pressure where there really is none.

Besides, with the photos, videos etc all I see on strava are butt pics, butt videos, coffee and bikes against a wall. It's basically IG/FB rolled into exercise stats these days.

I use STRAVA but it is set to private. It's become a pretty over used social platform and just uses tools to fuel people addiction.

look if it wasn't for Strava I wouldn't have any social media 🤣

I can however tell you a story about a bunch of guys who collected a KOM on an IDT in the back of a bakkie (inevitably a WHITE bakkie).

Edited by 100Tours

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Surely you ride fast for you and not an imaginary leaderboard?

[...]

These sorts of things to me pang of major insecurity 

Nothing imaginary about something that is virtual.
Nothing strange about defining a set of rules to formulate a challenge and people wanting to be measured against others in completion of that challenge.

Participating in something community based = insecurity?
I'd rather venture that judging others for participating in an activity that doesn't interest you might indicate some insecurity...

I am not a KOM killer but it does frustrate me that certain E-bike riders refuse to log there rides as E-bike rides both on and off the trails.

Just Flag the entire ride - give a minor description of why you suspect the ride infringes the guidelines and they will remove all of the segments from the ride. (As far as I know this can only be done on a PC/Laptop)

There were also a few segments at Northern Farms where the KOM's where earned by Enduro motorcyclists haha how tf that happens!!! How strava doesn't automatically pick that up is beyond me. Elite level mtber's pushing 30km/h up a climb but the guy with the KOM managed nearly 70km/h has a boep and endless photos of him and his motorfiets. 

I will be developing a new Strava premium service that can bulk flag the rides in front of my segment times. People will be able to max out their flagging limits and gain places, however, I have built in an exception that will not flag my own rides. How many rides can be flagged by the same person for a segment in a time span?

On a practical note, I for one love comparing my EB and analog times on DH segments to try and figure out where I can improve my analog performance. It's been pretty interesting seeing that I thought I was losing time in section X when, surprise, it's actually section Y.

30 minutes ago, jcza said:

Strava should make segments available to ebikers, then there is no excuse. 

Erm, they do. There are plenty of EB segments which only show up on EB-selected rides…

EE0F8C80-46D3-43DD-9129-997D0BE652A5.png.48ba9d0a30078c2a86b576ceb874a692.png

7 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Erm, they do. There are plenty of EB segments which only show up on EB-selected rides…

Precisely my point. If ebikers can see all the segments they won’t need to create own which I suspect is why won’t log as ebike. 

7 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Hey, dont confuse them with facts .... NOT on a Friday ...