Redux.. Am I being unreasonable here?

Skylark

17 minutes ago, Skylark said:

I have a really nice vintage Kona, pretty much all original, an absolute beauty and I love riding it but it needs a new wheelset.

get a novatec hub for the wheels. Cheap and it will last longer then the original shimano hub

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I would have taken R200 as well, I was not phased about the sale, I was more phased about helping you out to get the build done, I would have given them to you for just the shipping price (which I have done on multiple occasions as well). When it comes to principal it applies to me as well. I don't care about the wheels and or the money "over-spent" on shipping, I care about the fact that I have to defend myself over half truths and bended statements. Was that why I stopped communicating over WA, of course yes. Why would I carry on sending stock and try to rectify something if I know full well that it will never be enough. Hence why I said, I have no issue about giving a refund, I have no issue with taking them back, fixing the problem and donating them to someone who will be more than grateful to receive them. 

WTF, you stopped communicating over WA long before this thread was even a twinkling in my eye. You are outright lying now.

But I honestly would love to know what I did wrong during our chat on WA, I really felt I was being decent. Only the cones were needed for the wheels to be sorted, I even sent pics of the damaged cones so that you knew I wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

When I asked if the one cone that you found would fit that seemed to trigger you. Bike spares aren't terribly universal and I wanted save the hassle of getting the wrong part, as I mentioned previously I even sent pics with vernier measurements of the 3 cones to make your life easier.

And I sent my bank details yesterday to you for the refund as you requested, you read the PM and it's been crickets.

Edited by Skylark

34 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

get a novatec hub for the wheels. Cheap and it will last longer then the original shimano hub

Unfortunately this isn't a wheelset that's worth spending much money on, it's mid level OEM set, solid but nothing special. That being said if the hubs had been in decent condition it would have been a wheelset that I would have been happy with.

These 26er rim brake wheelsets don't come through often but they aren't too expensive, I'll just have to bide my time until something comes up.

Unfortunately I missed the set below that sold for R500 recently, it even came with a good cassette and a set of slicks, that would have been a pretty sick wheelset:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/mountain-bike-wheels/533297/ritchey-pro-girder-26-mtb-wheelset

Edited by Skylark

I recently bought some 10yo wheels off a fellow hubber for about R700 bucks. True, spins freely without play, feels gritty when spun in the hand. Didn't bother me as I expected them to be worn.  Didn't even let the seller know as price was right and the wheels old as hell. 

3 minutes ago, V18 said:

I recently bought some 10yo wheels off a fellow hubber for about R700 bucks. True, spins freely without play, feels gritty when spun in the hand. Didn't bother me as I expected them to be worn.  Didn't even let the seller know as price was right and the wheels old as hell. 

Common sense is a rare commodity, especially when paired with a sense of entitlement 

42 minutes ago, Skylark said:

Unfortunately this isn't a wheelset that's worth spending much money on, it's mid level OEM set, solid but nothing special. That being said if the hubs had been in decent condition it would have been a wheelset that I would have been happy with.

These 26er rim brake wheelsets don't come through often but they aren't too expensive, I'll just have to bide my time until something comes up.

Unfortunately I missed the set below that sold for R500 recently, it even came with a good cassette and a set of slicks, that would have been a pretty sick wheelset:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/mountain-bike-wheels/533297/ritchey-pro-girder-26-mtb-wheelset

Refund has been completed. Sometimes my day job actually has to take president over the dealings on the hub

Edited by Matt
Sensitive info removed

28 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Refund has been completed. Sometimes my day job actually has to take president over the dealings on the hub

so you just posted the dudes full name and cell number here

to me that's a very dick move

7 minutes ago, rorydewet said:

so you just posted the dudes full name and cell number here

to me that's a very dick move

Most would not have even noticed that, you just made it blatantly obvious ...