Ebike on sani2c

Kwagga van Zyl

1 minute ago, Mike Mac said:

In the not too distant future, eBiker will have their own events.

I would also suggest that soon it will be the non-assited riders wanting to ride the ebike events because ebikes will be in the majority and organisers will change the focus of event to the e-Bikes. And die hard non-assisted riders won't have many events to choose from 😉🙂    

Yes and all Pro Cyclists can become Sales people, restaurant managers or.. Baristas.. 🤣

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, throttles said:

Yes and all Pro Cyclists can become Sales people, restaurant managers or.. Baristas.. 🤣

... I used to be a pro cyclist in the past with >500w on tap from my naturally aspirated Chevrolegs..

But this 750w ebike will let you KOM with minimal effort and sweat.. Would you like a Flavoured Latte while you make your decision?

hahaha

3 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Such an Alpha ...

good thing I have a ebike to try and keep up with you... 

And I can drink my gender neutral flavoured latte while doing it. 

33 minutes ago, shaper said:

They should be racing on their own dates, a week before or a week after.  ebikes just against ebikes and not mixed in.  Then they are in their own category

Will eventually happen ... hopefully soon ... then the only whining will be the electric motors...

28 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

You will eventually get your dream ... but right now the market is to small to have separate events ... eventually there will be and you and ebikers will both be happy. 

My wife was always the stronger rider but due to health issues she is struggling to do longer rides with me. ( technical skills gained from 25 years of mtbing have not disappeared) .So I have ordered her an ebike so we can continue to ride together. I would be unhappy if we were forced to ride separate events. Maybe this will cause us to stop entering events 

6 minutes ago, StevieG said:

My biggest issue with this whole event is that foreigners will think a traditional South African greeting consists of open hands asking for sweeties 

Did Race to the Sun a couple weekend ago and we had the same problem. Was actually dreadful along some of the sections.

7 minutes ago, I FLY said:

My wife was always the stronger rider but due to health issues she is struggling to do longer rides with me. ( technical skills gained from 25 years of mtbing have not disappeared) .So I have ordered her an ebike so we can continue to ride together. I would be unhappy if we were forced to ride separate events. Maybe this will cause us to stop entering events 

Afraid it will eventually go this route ... 

you can thank _David_ and Eldron for shattering your dream of you and your wife riding events together ...

6 minutes ago, I FLY said:

Specialized wants your number, they want to put you in contact with Anika and Christoph and explain the benefits of an ebike.

Remember, its not the bike, its you, only faster

1 minute ago, YaseenEnos said:

Specialized wants your number, they want to put you in contact with Anika and Christoph and explain the benefits of an ebike.

Remember, its not the bike, its you, only faster

I have ordered a Specialized 😃

This thread is plenty humorous. Keep it up guys. 🙂 

The issues with the non-stop Levo really are proof that these deathtraps are only one short circuit or corrupted code line from being motor bikes as we love and know them. It almost makes me want one more. 

1 hour ago, I FLY said:

Dont worry too much about the posters in these threads .....  Thankfully I have not encountered this level of keyboard warrior hatred out on the trails.....

By far the most ebikes in events are riden properly.  And when you start at the back, and dont ride like a box (irrespective of the type of bike), then the other riders are fine with your bike of choice.

At the Argus I rode next to a couple on ebikes up Smitswinkel.  The gent is a capable athlete, doing Ironman events.  For this Argus, he joined his wife on her first Argus event.  Both of them having a super chilled slow ride and enjoying the ride and the vibe.

At the Eselfontein event I held up NO rider on a downhill ... simply because I pulled over at the top and took photos as the bunch came past.  I only passed on twee-spoor sections where it was safe to do so.

The other reality is that most events automatically exclude ebike from any prizes ....

Ironcally the biggest mess I have seen .... ebikes starting 10 minutes BEFORE the regular bikes.  This caused a serious bottleneck as the racers pushed for the win .....  So my 2c ....