Post Ride Bill Splits

OVERDRIVE

A very awesome 95km ride was detroyed after a very unpleasant discussion about the bill, which I think was unecessary. Just wanted to get a feel of what the hub felt. 

Post ride we got to where we parked, and went in to have a refresher. Five gents, two who do not drink alcohol. Two breakfasts (R120), one burger (R105), Lamb dish (R210) and a steak (R145). The alcohol split between the three ways (beers, tonic water, Jameson/Glenfidich) R256. Bill was R956, plus tip, R1056. 

The problem came when the alcohol drinkers divided the bill 250 between the three of them, leaving R306 between the two non-drinkers. The comments after that went really sideways, and the day (in my view) was ruined. 

Hubbers. How do you split post ride meals? What methods do you use? What is peaceful? 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is such a wide variance of who eats or drinks what, then people should pay for their own stuff.

Of course, it's much more simple to split equally, but there are people who score and those who lose in those scenarios.

1 minute ago, Mudsimus said:

Im more concerned about the whiskey for breakfast.

Well, they say the serving of breakfast ends at 1100, so fair game after that 😭

Just now, BaGearA said:

Are these people your friends or just riders that joined in ?

I know the one-ridden a few times. He knows the others, first time I met em today 

28 minutes ago, splat said:

If there is such a wide variance of who eats or drinks what, then people should pay for their own stuff.

Of course, it's much more simple to split equally, but there are people who score and those who lose in those scenarios.

Correct, go Dutch when in doubt!

In this case I hope the non-drinkers ate the Lamb dish, otherwise someone scored big.

Each person knows what they ate and contribute accordingly, then simply a quick check to see that bill was settled at the end. Usually this gives a decent tip too.

But then again we once had a “friend” swipe his card at the end and pocketing the substantial tip in exchange.

I believe the moral of the story is pick your riding buddies.

Tjoe..

y’all know we’re a long way off from Friday.

People know what they ate, other people at the table also know what you ate. How do you pay less than your share?

I ride with my team or with friends often, the biggest issue we’ve had in the past was people forgetting to add the % for the tip. 

I now remind them before we even ask for the bill.. or I ask the first to put cash down “did you add tip?” In a tone that the group can hear. 

we sometimes have some youngsters or guys that may not have the funds to partake in the coffee stop festivities.. for those someone will say “you pulled Lekker today, breakfast on me for your effort..”

I don’t get how guys want to freeload.. 

don’t be k@k, be Lekker peoples..

32 minutes ago, ScoobykingZA said:

In this case I hope the non-drinkers ate the Lamb dish, otherwise someone scored big.

Each person knows what they ate and contribute accordingly, then simply a quick check to see that bill was settled at the end. Usually this gives a decent tip too.

But then again we once had a “friend” swipe his card at the end and pocketing the substantial tip in exchange.

I believe the moral of the story is pick your riding buddies.

What the ****? he jacked the tip? thats crazy. No, the non-alcoholics had the breakfast...

We each throw in 30 ronds for a 25 ronds coffee 5 ronds for the tip - for each additional coffee its 25 ronds added - If you eat you pay in that on top plus 10% for the tip jar. When i still rode with a club there was no food on the joint bill if you ordered food or dop you had to get a separate bill.