Tygerberg MTB club newsletter - unacceptable

MORNE

10 minutes ago, DJR said:

......but.....but......cows are mamils too..........or are the mamals? It's hard living with lysdexia! 🤪

Ha ha... Technically cows like mamils are full of bull. I might have a beef though with anyone who suggests I'm doing anything udder than joking around.

Mamils give it horns.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ha ha... Technically cows like mamils are full of bull. I might have a beef though with anyone who suggests I'm doing anything udder than joking around.

Mamils give it horns.

you're really milking the bovine puns there

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

I was at contermans this morning. Everything is very very smooth. Most rocks removed... Too beginner even for me with my not yet recovered broken hand.

I threatened to PK a cow but my threat didn't make a dent in its bovine indifference. 

I didn't see anybody and so didn't get PKd.

not to worry. Brage inspired me, and seeing as everywhere else us unrideable tomorrow I'm going to go plow my trade there tomorrow. By Sunday the jank will be back . . . perhaps even in jean pants

and when I'm done, I'm going to PK some Starke brews down my thirsty gullet. riding hard is hard work.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:54 PM, Eddy Gordo said:

I was quite surprised to see that in that newsletter. I have an email somewhere from a couple of years back, when I was a member asking if this was allowed. I was told it is allowed and, wait I need to find the email.

23 hours ago, Wannabe said:

It was just for the day of the launch, as they expected the flow trail to be extremely busy (which it was)

Under correction here, as it is how I understood it.

Only for the Hammer, but not just for the day of the launch; it still applies. There are some other trails that it should probably apply to as well, but no others have been mentioned. When I crashed on the Bloemendaaler a few weeks ago and fractured my radius, I had to push my bike back to my car and had to be so careful with other riders coming own. That trail is quite narrow with not much place to move over for anyone, and you can't see them coming either. With the Hammer, you can see for miles and there is plenty of space to pass anyone that has stopped.

15 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Friday was disappointing.

Had to come here to see an actual PK

Can't believe I watched it ..... and laughed ........ especially at the "it is a really uncomfortable speedo and I wanted to get it finished quickly" 😁

The issues on this thread boils down to cognative dissonance. 

1. The club wants the maximum revenue. This means making sure that trails have scary and catchy names, everything is a section on Strava and the trails are manicured to encourage fast riding and cater for the masses. 

2. What then happens is trails wear down faster and requires more maintenance, and prompts threats of PK’s from a frustrated trail builder.

3. Do you now limit access to the trails, go with a more natural and sustainable trailbuilding approach, remove everything from Strava, put up caution signs on every turn and rename the trails to Chicken runner, Meadow meander, Pushing daisies and Grandma’s Sunday drive thereby limiting revenue and slowing down funding for trail maintenance. 

Its a tough one with the answer probably somewhere in the middle. The issue is that when you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no-one and that may mean that you may have to grin and bare it when paying club members does not quite fit into the box we want to put them in. 

I am a member of Tygerberg MTB Club for many years, and I cant understand why members are complaining on these platforms about the club, hiding behind keyboards? Seems like you don't you have the guts to speak to the club in private, or are you looking for browny points. Rather attend the next AGM and speak your mind there.

Edited by pietercon
spelling mistake and toning down language...:)

1 hour ago, pietercon said:

I am a member of Tygerberg MTB Club for many years, and I cant understand why members are complaining on these platforms about the club, hiding behind keyboards? Seems like you don't you have the guts to speak to the club in private, or are you looking for browny points. Rather attend the next AGM and speak your mind there.

And just by posting this comment you’ve basically reopened this can of worms just when it seemed to have been finally shut for good. 

2 hours ago, pietercon said:

I'm not a member of the club so no thanks.

Why comment on this thread instead of asking the keyboard warriors for their addresses, so you can go talk to them in person?

Why did your club hide behind their keyboards and send a threatening letter to their entire database instead of confronting offenders to their face?

Anyway, this has long been resolved, so you just wasted our time, and you couldn't even do it on a Friday...

2 hours ago, pietercon said:

If you took the time to read through everything you’d have an angle. Now you just come across as uninformed. Since i started this thread, i’ll tell you that i did contact them directly. Anyway, again, club apologised and we all moved on. The newsletter standard has also improved. Win for everyone - club included.

@Matt can you please close this thread. It was resolved.