Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn’t see the accident itself just Cav on the ground in the familiar I broke my clavicle posture 

5 hours ago, Moonhowler said:

Hey guys, those watching on GCN+ with VPN, what location are you using? I have tried uk, Germany and Switzerland, but my picture quality moves around between rubbish and worse.

I am using a paid version of Windscribe VPN for what it’s worth. 

Damn you DSTV damn you 

5 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

so I'm trying to watch on tiz. It plays for a few minutes and then stops.

anyone else have this issue ?

am trying through a VPN, trying various countries, and have tried without VPN

Tiz forced me back to the DSTV loan shark

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Gutted for Cavendish that his tour ends like this. A moment of inattentiveness and it’s the ambulance 

Lifes like that at times...what a shame 

3 hours ago, zeerpuD1 said:

To reflect on my comments yesterday. Mark was good in his day, maybe one of the best but thise days are gone. He can't take a loss like the other guys.

Sad as this is, its true. 

20 hours ago, splat said:

That is quite a machine draped in all sorts of expensive and aero trickery.
Are the riders still chasing the 6.8kg limit ?
I am not referring to this bike, but more 'in general' ?

very much so but they bikes are not the bikes you buy. The pro's get special layups to get bikes under the weight limit and then add things to get them to 6.8kg

19 hours ago, Moonhowler said:

Hey guys, those watching on GCN+ with VPN, what location are you using? I have tried uk, Germany and Switzerland, but my picture quality moves around between rubbish and worse.

I am using a paid version of Windscribe VPN for what it’s worth. 

Also been using UK location on NordVPN (with 100mbs line). No issues so far.

Picture quality is much clearer than SS6.

20 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Hey Ouzo,

Been having this issue on both tiz and cyclingstream. The picture freezes but commentary is still there.

What I do on tiz is go to the below alternates. Those work 100%. Sometimes there is only one, which opens a new advert tab site. You must close that/hit "return/back" and click the play button again. Then it runs perfectly.

TizCycling, being an illegal stream, would expect to have problems as the norm. For me it’s not worth trying to struggle with their service, given how low cost GCN+ is per year… R14.40 + R20.72 per week for both GCN+ and my VPN service. A coffee is R38.00

About yesterday:

“When a spectator steps up more than one meter up the road and don’t move when the peloton arrive, then you better stay home. You have no respect for the riders. I hope you feel really guilty! I have to leave.”

- Steff Cras, Totalenergies rider, who crashed yesterday in the finalé and abandoned

The crash also seriously affected Simon Yates who was lying in the top 5 of the GC race, suffering now with bruising and stiffness of the pelvis.

"We want to give Mark Cavendish the possibility to ride for one more year, but it's up to him. We'd love to see him ride in 2024, start his 15th Tour de France and win his 35th stage."

- Vino', General Manager, Astana, on Mark Cavendish's career arc

About today:

For the first time in 35 years, the mythical PUY DE DÔME returns to the tour de France. It is a dormant volcano and will set up week 2's GC battle (yes, we are only approaching the first rest day before week 2 commences!). Today's vert will be 3, 400 metres and everybody will be in the pain cave of what has been one of the toughest 1st weeks I have ever followed in the TdF.

The question begs whether the Golden Fleece will move from one set of shoulders to another. Can Hindley close the gap on the top two and entrench his position in 3rd? 

Hot, sunny, little wind, max at 33 percent on the valley floor. 

Day for the break, no doubt. Lots of grimpeurs in the break. 

dca3e805e82fba2929cbedfb8371c34d12e21bb8

Mvdp visited his grandma last night and he is talking about wanting to get into the break but the final climb will be his Achilles….

maybe we see at unexpected eruption on the dormant volcano 

<wakes up>

Moron in la vie Claire top brings Lilian Calmejane down with a washing line of 2021 poulidor commemorative jerseys…...eish

Edited by DieselnDust

On 7/8/2023 at 1:16 PM, &#x27;Dale said:

About today:

Really want Sagan or Bini to win.

Meanwhile, Sep van Marcke retires with immediate effect. What a pro.

It appears that the Wolf Pack got the speech from Patrick last night to bring home some gold.

Average racing speed today with the tailwind - mid 50s. Bliksem.

EDIT: My complicated mind.🤐

Mid 50's bliksem, there are some cars that couldn't manage .... yes you Chery, Tata and GWM drivers 🤪

On 7/8/2023 at 2:59 PM, The Ouzo said:

You might like UltimateStreaming.  Been using them for a year, very broad range of channels and most cost-effective.  Reliable service and some 4k channels and local channels and RBtv, among others.  I’ve found that they quickly attend to server issues.  No more than a couple of minutes a couple of times a month and patience is worthwhile.  Malcolm is available for texts and calls (even today) at 069 430 7150.

https://www.ultimatestreaming.co.za%2F&usg=AOvVaw0bpShZAOslEcDYwcsLw2wp&opi=89978449

I recommend favouring the European and Mid-East channels for the favourites folder ‘cos, unlike the N American channels in this service, they have schedules.  Justin

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, babse said:

Yoh 😤

and then he has the audacity to use indignant body language......PO.....