Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

TizCycling, being an illegal stream, would expect to have problems as the norm. For me it’s not worth trying to struggle with their service, given how low cost GCN+ is per year… R14.40 + R20.72 per week for both GCN+ and my VPN service. A coffee is R38.00

you should shop around a bit more.

Pog & Vin are so close together. All that effort from Pog yesterday and just 7 seconds. This could go down as the hardest Tour to actually predict a winner. It’s probably gonna come down to who recovers best because as it stands, there is nothing separating them. That TT might actually play a bigger role than what I anticipated.

20 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

you should shop around a bit more.

Shop around for?
It’s the going price for good coffee in town.

Edited by Frosty

On 7/9/2023 at 12:18 PM, Frosty said:

TizCycling, being an illegal stream, would expect to have problems as the norm. For me it’s not worth trying to struggle with their service, given how low cost GCN+ is per year… R14.40 + R20.72 per week for both GCN+ and my VPN service. A coffee is R38.00

I dont buy coffee. :)

I contemplated signing up to GCN+ for this, but honestly its not something that I can afford to do right now, so its a nice to have rather than a need. Its not the end of the world if I miss out on the live racing, can always catch highlights later on.

On 7/8/2023 at 7:18 AM, Jbr said:

Thanks, everytime LR says those kinds of numbers I get a bit suspicious, I wonder how he calculates them

Although with the shimano power meter Pogi might have done 9w/kg 😄

"Problem" is you and John are commenting on an erroneous comment of power attributed to Jonas/Pogi.

It is ᵉw/kg not w/kg.  Read all about it! - here: 

https://lanternerouge.com/2023/02/07/watts-primer/

😉

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

I don't know a lot but I know numbers and they not doing some of the numbers predicted. 

No worries John, we have the Armchair Serious Scientists on Le Hub to educate you.  

29 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

If I am honest with myself, this is the only reason I am here.

I think everyone here can blame their low w/kg due to 

• Drivetrain loss (%)

🤡

UCI World Champs... only a few weeks away, unlike other years (at least for road).
Someone doing the Tour will likely win the rainbow bands - my pick.

Thanks Rob Hatch, talking about James Shaw being selected for Team GB.

Today’s stage is 167km and 3,100m of vertical gain from Vulcania to Issoire. Hot and sunny in the mid to late 30s nogal. ♨️

One for the escape artists today, as long as it does not include GC threats. Could Wout and Mathieu get up the road with a few other hopefuls, aiming to get that first win?

About Mark Cavendish: Lots of media speculation about a possible return in 2024 and delay in his retirement. Regardless, Kittel, Sagan and are just above 10 victories. Profound gap between 34 and the rest.

Recently, Pogačar got to 10 and chirped jokingly in a recent interview that “Mark, I’m coming for you…”. I am pretty sure that he will be back racing before the leaves begin to fall in the North, concluding his career in his terms.

Meanwhile, both Geraint and Remco have confirmed their preparations for Vuelta.

Cool pic of the little fighter. Source unknown (Mark’s Twitter profile pic)

IMG_1763.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

On 7/8/2023 at 1:20 PM, splat said:

That is quite a machine draped in all sorts of expensive and aero trickery.
Are the riders still chasing the 6.8kg limit ?
I am not referring to this bike, but more 'in general' ?

They were able to achieve 6.8 long ago....in around 2000 on LA's bike they had to take out some titanium bolts and replace with steel bolts to come up to weight....often a mass production bike will have some forgiveness in the layup for a more comfy ride which they may dial out, or change fork layup slightly to make the steering more direct etc...