'Dale

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Not sure this apology means anything if the whole tour is lost but hey 

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/racing/photographer-who-blocked-tadej-pogacars-attack-at-tour-de-france-apologises

A little dramatic. Today is S15, therefore 16 thru 20 left. I have a feeling Pogi is going to really empty it during the ITT (coming Tuesday). He hasn't emtpied himself on any stage, so far. They claim he excels more on short sharp climbs compared to long steep ones. 

Stage 16 Tour de France 2023

28 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

A little dramatic. Today is S15, therefore 16 thru 20 left. I have a feeling Pogi is going to really empty it during the ITT (coming Tuesday). He hasn't emtpied himself on any stage, so far. They claim he excels more on short sharp climbs compared to long steep ones. 

Stage 16 Tour de France 2023

He looked pretty empty after today... Jonas takes another mental boost (in my uneducated opinion)

These 2 boys are machines... Beautiful to watch 

Probably gonna come down to the time trial now. 

Still 2 mountain stages as well but doesn’t look like anything gonna happen based on what we’ve seen so far. 

The finale of the next stage.
Certainly shaping up to be a nail-biter, or a ding-dong battle.
VY64SLrfABsfv5zpfBtjLT-1200-80.jpg.webp

Head to head results in the ITT
image.png.2101f4bc4a3382b59090ddb0df08522d.png

This is what I love about sport - hope, despair, persistence, tears, high highs and low lows. Respect, Wout Poels.

A victory that the grieving team really needed. The lanky 35 year old Dutchman takes his first Grand Tour stage win. To add to that excellent sprint he executed to win a Monument in Liege’.

“I always dreamed to win a stage at the Tour. Especially with what happened in the team in the last three weeks with Gino, all the emotions came. It's just incredible. I won a Monument and now a stage in the Tour. I'm super happy. I started to believe only in the last kilometre. I just had to keep fighting. I had to go full gas. It's amazing.

I got sick at altitude camp, had to skip the Dauphiné. I went to the Tour of Slovenia. Luckily it went really well and the team took me to the Tour and believed in it. My DS Roman Kreuziger was saying that 'ah you're going to be there into the third week' and here we are'."

IMG_1829.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

That was an amazing weekend of bike racing. The Tour that keeps on giving 🤙

Vinny might come across as a reserved introvert but under that shirt beats the heart of a Lion. The race of truth will deliver the final bullet.

7 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I think the tours over unless Jonas crashes 

the tour has been over since stage 5