Assaulted by fellow cyclist- Cradle 6 November

FondTF2

I hope you find this p@&$ and sue the literal pants of his delinquent backside. assault with GBH = 6Y in SA finest correctional facilities. 
The same thing almost happened to me around a month ago. All I said was “come on guys” to a group taking up the entire road. We had to pass in oncoming traffic. The steroid boytjie proceeded to follow us to where Mike has his coffee truck, chucked his Argon 18 TT bike down and unzipped his one peace airo suit. happy birthday to the ground. 
It was touch and go and my mate defused the situation at 99. I have to admit at 95kg’s and by no means a scaredy-cat I was 100% losing that fight. 

although I’m adding some humorous flavour to this reply the entire ordeal really stuck with me for a few weeks. As a adult you should not have to square up on a Sunday bike ride out with your wife. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make people aware of the severity of the situation. Apologies if some people are squeamish.

Once again, I appeal to anyone who may have seen a white male of large build hightailing it past them on  MTB just as you turn onto the caves road. Timeframe would of been just before 8 in the morning. Alternatively if any one saw the same male coming in the opposite direction ( after the assault), possibly riding against the flow of cyclists, please PM me.

Unfortunately I was more concerned about my safety at the time of the attack to take proper notice of what kit/ bike etc he was on. Like said, think it was either a yellow or orange mtb. Large male, english speaking with possibly a freckled completion. Was not in a recognisable club kit but looked to be wearing branded kit of sorts.

This coward can not get away with this an I am almost certain that he and some of the group have seen and read these posts, here and on FB/Twitter/ Instagram. Please have a conscience and message me. If you stay quite, you are also guilty and just as cowardly as the assailant.

I am still trying to process what sort of coward would do something like this and hate to think what he does behind closed doors to his spouse, partner, kids.

On the positive side, surgery went well and luckily there were no missing teeth or broken bones.

14E5C463-A77D-493B-AB58-3CBAD8D404B1.jpeg

20 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Just to make people aware of the severity of the situation. Apologies if some people are squeamish.

Once again, I appeal to anyone who may have seen a white male of large build hightailing it past them on  MTB just as you turn onto the caves road. Timeframe would of been just before 8 in the morning. Alternatively if any one saw the same male coming in the opposite direction ( after the assault), possibly riding against the flow of cyclists, please PM me.

Unfortunately I was more concerned about my safety at the time of the attack to take proper notice of what kit/ bike etc he was on. Like said, think it was either a yellow or orange mtb. Large male, english speaking with possibly a freckled completion. Was not in a recognisable club kit but looked to be wearing branded kit of sorts.

This coward can not get away with this an I am almost certain that he and some of the group have seen and read these posts, here and on FB/Twitter/ Instagram. Please have a conscience and message me. If you stay quite, you are also guilty and just as cowardly as the assailant.

I am still trying to process what sort of coward would do something like this and hate to think what he does behind closed doors to his spouse, partner, kids.

On the positive side, surgery went well and luckily there were no missing teeth or broken bones.

Please please don't let this pass if he comes with A "sincere" apology

Make an example of this cun*bag for all future cradle riders to keep in kind when they think the whole place belongs to them.

People get sued for using words that hurt feelings , you have more than enough evidence to end this guy's life for the next 10 years.

PLEASE do it 

If you cant find them via all the other avenues, you know where and when they rode in a group so go wait them out with hired muscle for a citizens arrest? It will most likely get violent if this is how he reacted to a few words though…

Please don't let this go. We need to find that box. How your life must suck if you are out enjoying life riding a bicycle and still feel the need to be this way. 

Make sure you lay formal charges at the police station immediately as well, as this will help you procedurally later on if need be when and if you establish who the perp was so you can force the cops to act on the arrest. then you can also look for prior record etc. I would suggest you get some good legal advice and follow that up.

FWIW there are many folks here on the hub that could help you as well. I am not a lawyer but i know there are some folks that can do some PI work here and get you the details you are looking for.

Hang in there - the crowds will help you. We need to collectively assist to get this preson in to a prison. 

I saw you getting into the car as I rode past ...and I thought this cyclist must have had a fall with the bloody face.. it's a shocker to hear that it was a brawl... cycling is for enjoyment .... sad to hear that people hold so much anger inside while cycling ... hopefully you find the perpetrator and name and shame ... I'm sure his boss   family and customers will see him in a new light ...

29 minutes ago, Schnavel said:

What is wrong with people?! 

How can you behave like this if you are called out for riding like a box? Hopefully this clown is found - make his life tough...

6OzC.gif

Two things to do ASAP:

• Get your doctor to document your injuries. There is a standard police form that must be completed and signed. The Dr's rooms should have a copy available. Some photo's could help too.
  • Then take a copy of that form to the police this morning and lay a charge. Take a bit of time, try speak to someone senior, maybe go to the police station closest to the scene. But lay the charge of "assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm” (assault GBH). The form will make process easier. Assault GHB will get the prosecutors attention if the case gets to a bail hearing.

Then leverage off social media, the press etc. A few photo's or a video will make all the difference. Maybe also talk to PPA, maybe they can get a lawyer to help you.

Good luck and get well soon.

4 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

WTF is wrong with people, clearly this isn't the norm ? how angry must you be to carry out this kind of behaviour.