Assaulted by fellow cyclist- Cradle 6 November

FondTF2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't maybe riding a tri-spoke single speed with a Capetonian accent per chance?

Jokes aside, this is disgusting. As someone who was sometimes on the receiving end of bullying I know how you must be feeling dude, and it sucks. Even if you don't manage to find this fuckface, I am positive that the universe has a way of balancing things out and he'll get what's due to him in some way, shape or form.

I had a similar situation on Saturday when riding the cradle. I was on my MTB and had just gone through the lion circle heading towards the caves. I had to pass a group of cyclists that were being followed by a vehicle. A white panel van. Can't recall if it had any markings in it. But the group it was following was across the entire road to the point that I had to overtake in the oncoming lane. When I commented that they don't need to be across the entire road, a slew of insults and bad language was hurled in my general direction. I rode on thinking nothing if it. This attitude is becoming far more common in recent weeks. I look forward to seeing justice being done. 

Most likely one of those tough guy types that go through life solving issues with their fists, something that I've seen is fairly common.

The problem with that type of lifestyle is eventually you will cross someone who solves their issues by the sword so to speak, whether it be a professional fighter, policeman, bouncer, someone with a gun, Knife or other weapon and suddenly you're on the other, much shorter, end of the stick which often ends in an even bigger tragedy where nobody is really happy with the end result.

Ye Olde Internet is littered with videos of these alterations in every flavor and it's far from rare.

If the assailant really was the man he thinks he is, he should apologise publicly and hand himself over to the Police.

48 minutes ago, Alastair_S1D said:

I had a similar situation on Saturday when riding the cradle. I was on my MTB and had just gone through the lion circle heading towards the caves. I had to pass a group of cyclists that were being followed by a vehicle. A white panel van. Can't recall if it had any markings in it. But the group it was following was across the entire road to the point that I had to overtake in the oncoming lane. When I commented that they don't need to be across the entire road, a slew of insults and bad language was hurled in my general direction. I rode on thinking nothing if it. This attitude is becoming far more common in recent weeks. I look forward to seeing justice being done. 

A club group of roadies overtaken by a MTB ????  that could never go well 😉 

I blame the Cyclelab cycling gang as are they notorious for taking over the whole road...

and ebikers  of course cause they just take over. 

But in all seriousness , This kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable. Since when has cycling become a UFC battleground?

I don't know both side of the story,(there are always two sides)  but as I read this as it stands this person is in my eyes a feral_human 

Edited by DuncanDoughnuts

1 hour ago, Alastair_S1D said:

With 947 and DC coming up, everyone is out on the road and it is chaos...

Flip this is a real shocker. My Argentinian expat boss (these guys are properly emotional) reckons South Africans in general seem to be really angry. I agree, we are super tense at present and this can lead to unreasonable reactions. This situation is beyond that, this oke needs jail time. How about getting hold of a local private investigator? This should yield quick results, which you need to gain an effective prosecution. 

OP I'm so sorry about your assault, it is completely unacceptable for any adult to resort to violence.

There are always two sides to the story. In this case the other side seems something along the lines of "my fragile and infantile ego was hurt by someone that dared comment on my inconsiderate behaviour, and I am a giant dwis"

I was once chased, as he attempted to run me off the road multiple times, for over 40 minutes by a motorist that took offense that I flashed my lights at him. (After he had flashed me to pull over where it was impossible to do so)

The point is, some people are just unhinged and need to be dealt with accordingly.

1 hour ago, Vetseun said:

Common you turd. Show yourself!

He has probably deleted  from strava, and got all his Chinas to do likewise. 
what an absolute shocker. 

@FondTF2 wish you a full and speedy recovery from the assault. 

@Jewbacca you’re showing your age, man. Now you’ve made me also. Wtaf.

@Dexter-morgan I agree with you. This oke must have been juiced. Must have been an Ebiker. A “real” cyclist would not behave like this.

2 hours ago, ians H2Sport said:

Flip this is a real shocker. My Argentinian expat boss (these guys are properly emotional) reckons South Africans in general seem to be really angry. I agree, we are super tense at present and this can lead to unreasonable reactions. This situation is beyond that, this oke needs jail time. How about getting hold of a local private investigator? This should yield quick results, which you need to gain an effective prosecution. 

This bit in bold is so true, blame it on apartheid, cANCer or whatever….

Sadly I doubt the angry macho dick_head will be brought to justice, his word against the victims.

karma on the other hand has no such boundaries 

hope I’m wrong, will love to read that he has been caught, charged and sentenced.