2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

17 minutes ago, Cyclewizz said:

That's because you climb faster than a mountain goat !!!
Can't even ask you for a push because these idiots reseeded me and then left my number the same

Must say this year the organizers have really F%$#ED everything up and it's with low entry numbers, imagine if 20k people had entered.

I heard there are 18000+ entries.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, edgarblount said:

If I don't speak to you guys again. Good luck with your race\ride come Sunday. May we all return safely with some wonderful stories and pichas. Enjoy mense and to The 44, GOOI MIELIES!! 

Agree, strongs to all, may the legs be with you ... 😁

Could not find my name on the wall. Went back twice. Did they just throw the names into a random order generator and then print them,much like they did with the seeding.

Took my timing board with, did not scan it anywhere.

Useless expo (as we've come to expect), but I knew Dischem was going to be there so stocked up on a few nutrional goodies and also decided to eventually see what the magic is about with Ass Magic so bought a tub from Bike Alot.

Also met up with a friend from Cape Town and had a quick chat.

Good luck for all on Sunday. @Frosty I'll see you on the start line.

Edit. What is up with these people. Bib number does not match timing board number, and I did not get reseeded. 

Edited by The Ouzo

16 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Good luck for all on Sunday. @Frosty I'll see you on the start line.

My number is no longer customized. Everything else remains the same… bike, frame number and kit as per the photo O sent you.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

Could not find my name on the wall. Went back twice. Did they just throw the names into a random order generator and then print them, much like they did with the seeding.

Found my name, but purely by accident...novel idea, badly executed.

On 11/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, Skubarra said:

Annoying but in principle I can live with that. Events with full road closures are ridiculously expensive to host and the organisers need every sponsor and additional income they can get - so happy to indulge them on this if it means I get to do a race with full road closure at an insane entry fee.

There, i fixed it for you

On 11/17/2022 at 2:18 PM, Cyclewizz said:

They reseeded me and when I fetched my number I was still in F, so the reseeding was a waste of time.

Scanned my timing board and it still belongs to me but yes the shirt number is different.

Looking for your name is a complete mission, everything is mixed up, eventually found mine though.

The expo was nothing exciting. Just spoke to the TechnoGym guys and asked if their new fancy bikes will be going into Virgin Actives and the guy said that VA have already bought 69 units with a bigger purchase planned for 2023. Showed me what you can do on that bike.

Nice

This will be my first year racing the event, in fact, my first ever cycling race. I was curious if others will be taking spare tubes and basic tools with them on the road? I know there will be mechanics at certain points on the route, but what happens if one gets a puncture in-between those points? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone competing!

23 minutes ago, bikeEnthusiast101 said:

This will be my first year racing the event, in fact, my first ever cycling race. I was curious if others will be taking spare tubes and basic tools with them on the road? I know there will be mechanics at certain points on the route, but what happens if one gets a puncture in-between those points? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone competing!

Always take your own anyway, you’ll be back on the bike sooner. Enjoy it and have fun! 

1 hour ago, bikeEnthusiast101 said:

always take your own, do not rely on others