Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

that bike :eek:

I hate you.

I wish I could say this is my bike.... This was a demo bike, had it for a weekend to test ride.  Absolute BEAST on the technical and downhill stuff and still a pleasure to ride on the open farm roads. 

Want to pull the trigger on this bike but kind of in 2 minds between this and an Camber Comp Carbon with a 130mm Pike upgrade.  The Camber does not have that "I hate you" factor as you so nicey put it, but it is about R15,000 less with same spec......

I wish I could say this is my bike.... This was a demo bike, had it for a weekend to test ride.  Absolute BEAST on the technical and downhill stuff and still a pleasure to ride on the open farm roads. 

Want to pull the trigger on this bike but kind of in 2 minds between this and an Camber Comp Carbon with a 130mm Pike upgrade.  The Camber does not have that "I hate you" factor as you so nicey put it, but it is about R15,000 less with same spec......

buying a bike in any price range should always a decision that should be ruled with your heart. Or you will forever want for the one other bike.

I know easier said than done as money is always a consideration,but if you can you have to ????...and that evil is a thing of beauty ????

No. just did the 75km loop. Hout Bay. Simonstown. Past the reserve. Ocean view. Back over chappies. Home.

My lady did her first full ride clipped in so that was great. And I tried a new fueling strategy that was also a great success. Did the whole ride without feeling like I was anywhere near bonking. I even stood and cranked that last 400 or so meters to top out of Chappies

I'm not so sure I'd want to cycle in the reserve. What with all the tour buses and narrow roads.

The traffic in the reserve is light enough to not be a problem, but the road surface is a bit bumpy. Despite that I like going to "the end of Africa" every once in a while. It is a spectacular ride, especially on those glorious winters days.

Not too bad today actually, around 19-20.

But...

The clocks went back last night, so the big freeze begins soon, methinks...  :wacko:

We had an ambient temp of 21 in Spain today but the sun was still strong enough to top up my tan!

I ventured over Du Toitskloof Mountain yesterday and and made my way to Jonkershoek outside Stellenbosch.

Had a blast of a day in the reserve, did two trails in total, Bennetts Red and Firehut. I have only been riding for 3 years now and haven't been on too many of the trails around the Western Cape, but from where I've ridden Jonkershoek always remains my first choice to visit outside my valley.

You do lots of climbing to get to the trail heads, but with surroundings like this it really ain't all that bad. 09ef73d17b1b9959837143835902441e.jpg

Crossed a stream with a small waterfall and tried my hand at some creative photography,well as creative as you can be with a 8mp camera phone. 1f6af73ec0855ce150d246d41096f943.jpgWhen you finally get to the top you are greeted with this spectacular view before you bomb down one of the trails all the way to the bottom of the valley again. 153ef0416df9161ea640e71b92ad27b1.jpgAt the opposite side of the valley I climbed up to the Firehut trail head and took a selfie to make few fellow hubbers jealous.90ebec834dd41dd3ffdee08cb2f7da62.jpg

Edited by BenReaper

You should be banned from posting pics of your bike... EVER!!! 

If i look at this picture the only thing i see is that stealth mode beast standing there.  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

I tinted the pic to make it even more ninja stealth beast vibes....

:devil:  :devil:

We rode Express Petroleum Thomas River MTB on Saterday, and with the hills having names like Marks Murder, and Death Valley, I decided that gears were in order (also the fact that I've been extremely lazy this winter).

The ride was great, and the last 10km were mostly downhill, and singletrack along the river, so I caged a beer from buddies who were manning the 10km to go waterpoint.

post-2975-0-60927300-1478099745_thumb.jpg

Then it was steep downhill for a kilo or two, where I overtook all the riders who passed me while I was drinking my beer, then this happened, from doing a back wheel slide around a bend,

post-2975-0-93792800-1478099747_thumb.jpg

I had a little lie-down, thankfully I was riding with a camelbak, so I landed on it. A quick remount, and a sprint under the oaks single-track

post-2975-0-72216000-1478099750_thumb.jpg

Great ride, and great hospitality from the farmers, I only left after 12 that night :whistling:

post-2975-0-39865000-1478099749_thumb.jpg