Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Did a Tokai/Constantia green belt ride. First time on the rough stuff in a couple of years. It was awesome. 7 speed rigid handled just fine. Me on the other hand needs thicker gloves and maybe a kidney belt [emoji23]

Supid me was also having to much fun and forgot to snap a pic [emoji15]

Next time I'll remember.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Edited by gazzacpt

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Went plonking about the neighbourhood.

One neighbouring farmer attempted some sort of firebreak by ploughing his roads.... and it is turf (black clay).

Oh how I hate this stuff. It was dry today for a change but the clay clunks were rock hard. Made for very difficult going73a133e2ba23752dfdd8c05cf2f4dd40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Today i did a skills lesson with Peach at Hakahana, first time on enduro lines...holeee sheeet...some hectic stuff.

Got the first drop off that had and rolled in ok but then as soon as i landed, the front tyre seemed to wash out and i hit the dirt hard, it hurt. Got back ul and did it a few more times which went without incident.

We then went through some other cool flowy stuff and came to this massive drop off that my heart pound and nerves tingle. Attached some bad quality pics that do that thing no justice at all. I dropped in and the ground just completely fell away for what felt like minutes until i hit the ground and skidded forward, geez, my heart was pounding hard..hahah...proceeded to do it a few more times and it got better.

We then eneded off with some jumps which again is not part of my skills profile but gave it a go. The forst two or so were sketchy but then i was getting used to the feeling of being in the air and jumped one or two good ones. My last jump was superb, i got some good, controlled air and landed spot on to hit the next one even higher and landed it perfectly, smiling galore. Left it on that one.

Loved that sort of riding, good fun

post-57045-0-01707100-1492871231_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-21225400-1492871252_thumb.jpg

Meerendal

Distance: 32.54km

Elev Gain: 590m

Avg Speed: 19kph

Calories: 960 C

Average speed is improving! :)

The morning was cold, but that soon changed around 07:15 on our way to Meerendal via the Visserhok Rd. Did we feel a heat way of note. A Hot wind blew over us. I was like, Dorstberg is going to be lekker today.

It was my friend's first time riding his 1 x 11 setup which he purchased from CRC. The whole setup looked awesome and new. He got some strong legs, as he still uses his 34T. He did order a 32T Oval too, but that's for later he said.

Marcel and I both love riding our bikes. We both have are strong points and weaknesses. He climbs like a beast, while I tend to go faster downhill. I wanted to climb Dorstberg out in one go but failed... I needed to stop once to rest. Topside we met an interesting fellow.

Louis Frouws (70).

Yes, he is 70 years old! And climbs Dorstberg, with his bridge camera. Wow, after listening to his story, I have great respect for him. Good oke and a truly passionate MTB'er and inspiration to others.

Profile looking good so far on Garmin Connect.

25 activities, 697km (Distance), 39hrs (Time),

12,193m (Elevation Gained)

http://i.imgur.com/pm9Nkhp.jpg

Marcel Carstens, aka the next Nino Schurter (left); Me (right)

Thanks for the photo Louis!

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Today i did a skills lesson with Peach at Hakahana, first time on enduro lines...holeee sheeet...some hectic stuff.

Got the first drop off that had and rolled in ok but then as soon as i landed, the front tyre seemed to wash out and i hit the dirt hard, it hurt. Got back ul and did it a few more times which went without incident.

We then went through some other cool flowy stuff and came to this massive drop off that my heart pound and nerves tingle. Attached some bad quality pics that do that thing no justice at all. I dropped in and the ground just completely fell away for what felt like minutes until i hit the ground and skidded forward, geez, my heart was pounding hard..hahah...proceeded to do it a few more times and it got better.

We then eneded off with some jumps which again is not part of my skills profile but gave it a go. The forst two or so were sketchy but then i was getting used to the feeling of being in the air and jumped one or two good ones. My last jump was superb, i got some good, controlled air and landed spot on to hit the next one even higher and landed it perfectly, smiling galore. Left it on that one.

Loved that sort of riding, good fun

peaches is a talented rider and great teacher ????

Did you do the pallet drop ?

peaches is a talented rider and great teacher ????

Did you do the pallet drop ?

That oak just makes everything look so easy, not fair that one person has so much talent...lol...there was some wooden planks before the drop off where i hit the dirt.