• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of us did a 400km MTB ride on Friday night through to Saturday afternoon. It was "rather interesting" and was a massive challenge. Worst of all were the corrugated and sandy sections. The wind was also hectic.

Started in Pretoria > Bronkies > Loskop > Groblersdal > Rust De Winter > Bela Bela...

took us 16hrs at 25kmph moving average. Just under 19 hours total.

Everything is rather eina at the moment ;-) and no I couldn't do the last 1.46kms to make it a round 400km ;-)

https://www.strava.com/activities/1983271872

Tomorrow we ride again, 350km on the cards this year, going the "other way round" this time, via Harties, rooiberg, around mabalingwe to bela-bela.. going to be eina...

To work. Claremont Boulevard bypass. Some mornings are just SO PERFECT, it is near impossible to understand why anyone would choose to commute by car. 

Is that a tube i see wrapped around the handle bar? Puncture?

The trusted Cannibal took me to gym, where, no matter how hard I tried I simply could not overtake this yellow peloton, but at least I managed to wheelsuck and stay with them for all of 20 minutes at a cadence  of 110+

You must take your turn at the front and do some pulling. I'm really gatvol of wheelsuckers in the spinning class. I make damned sure I glare at them in the mirrors and I often bust out the LA Alp d Huez lookback to let them know who's the boss of the studio when the beats hit 60bpm and the HR hits 90%

Edited by Duane_Bosch

attachicon.gif20191106_074531_resize.jpg

Well not actually today and not actually my bike, but I missed my bike.

Borrowed a local bike and was knackered after 500m.

The people in Zambia are TOUGH!

They should have more cycling development in Zambia. Froomie would have nothing on these guys.

it must be the reflectors adding all the rotational weight slowing you down  :ph34r:

Borrowed a local bike and was knackered after 500m.

The people in Zambia are TOUGH!

We once had a local join us for dinner in the Matopos in Zim. (Where the highest concentration of leopard on earth occur.) After dinner, in the pitch dark, without a light of any kind, and a good few beers in the blood, he got on his bicycle to ride home, about 5 km away. We asked whether he wasn't worried about the leopards? No, he said, he just rings the bicycle bell all the way home and they will leave him alone. It was quite magical-weird to hear the bell disappear into the wilderness while we stayed well within the fire circle. I never found out whether he got home, because we packed up and moved camp the next morning. Living with wildlife is different from how us city folks think it is.

Edited by DJR