• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything logical pointed to riding the MTB this morning, but then emotion took over. What better than a red hot blooded Italian on a foggy, wet and cold morning? Picked the route because if you don't have enough time or distance, you have to pick the steepest hill! Hell, I was so short of breath I wondered about Covid19 symptoms! 

post-17716-0-60058100-1588405934_thumb.jpg

Nice...

Niner right?, what’s the rest of the specs?

Bike is actually a stop gap while I wait for my Ti Curve so it’s for sale soon

Curve wide drop bars

Force 1 x 11 but with garbaruk 10/50 cassette and extended derailleur cage

Curve wheels

Farr carbon saddle on schmolke seatpost

dd3d0a2e6cc5273871fc2a6628c46e7c.jpg

No ride photos from my “Ride in the ‘hood”, which ended on 55.35Km. A few things I realized I haven’t forgotten:

1. I can still ride without [emoji1588] [emoji1671] on the bars like before;

2. The hills still hurt;

3. I can still change a tube (puncture) in less than 5 mins - that’s right, punctured about 51km into the ride, with a not-so-nice (big) piece of glass wedged into the tyre being the culprit.

I’m as unfit as I thought I would be, so planned a 25Km/h ride around my expectations. With all the turns and stopping for traffic, it’s easy to see why the ave. speed is affected.

Found I had a bit more range by measuring my radius from the corner of our plot

:D  :D I picked the "straight up the steepest hill" route and regretted it :blush:  

:D :D I picked the "straight up the steepest hill" route and regretted it :blush:

Was so eager yesterday that my first hill was a pb despite some lockdown weight. Last hill was the slowest I’ve ever done. Today I paced myself and chose a flatter route

[quote name="Frosty" post=

2. The hills still hurt;

3. I’m as unfit as I thought I would be

Ditto & Ditto ????...Had to run yesterday with my nipper as he hadn’t been outside the gate in 5 weeks......At least I got my arse out of bed this morning to go ride & loved it .

:D  :D I picked the "straight up the steepest hill" route and regretted it :blush:

Only while riding though , it’s always not so bad afterwards right ????????