Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

I will try to do so. I am working off a phone here and not always with signal or battery. When I am done with the trip I will go through strava and jot down the stats. So far, biggest day 215kms. Shortest 25. That was today. Will do what I can. The Northern Cape while very beautiful as it has just rained a lot is a very vast area. The towns are far apart. Be prepared to spend quite a bit of alone time in your head. Do not do this if you are an anxious person. You will struggle.

The rest is just riding my bike. I am very grateful for this trip. Off to Prince Albert Cycles.

Copperhead, you set the bar so high so early in the year for the best trip of the year! Flip this looks like a lekker trip!

If you don't mind, do you maybe have a link to your Strava account? Would love to check out your routes on there!

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

The one good thing the military did for me was to permanently cure me from the desire to run! 

I always tell the folks here if they invite me to come and run with them, I only run when my life is in danger and since there are no lions here and bears were dealt with more than a century ago, there is absolutely no reason to run while I live here in Germany.

I was the same for many years after the army days, until I accepted a Couch to 5Km run challenge. It’s not so bad once you’re run fit, and only takes 8 weeks to get there, or 14 weeks to get to 10Km or 22 weeks to get to run a half marathon.

That said, I have only done 250Km in the last year... that’s just laziness.

There is/was a place called Baghdad Cafe on the road from Vanrhynsdorp to Nieuwoudtville, about 20 odd kilometers before the pass. It is ridiculously cool. I had pictures but got ride of them unfortunately. Stopped there on a previous ride. Really cool place.

Looks like a cool place!!!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1315896-d11500555-r768642539-Bagdad_Cafe-Vanrhynsdorp_Western_Cape.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=438163424