• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride around Prince Albert. Lynskey club. Thank you Sir. Great ride.

Where I grew up! The Prince-town of the Karoo! :clap:  

I'm keen to see what route you take from there! Some very good rides, but let me not lead you! Once there you cannot really make a bad choice.  :) Some longer, some shorter, some steeper, some flatter, but all good! :thumbup:

Edited by DJR

Anyone in that group with a DHC . Need photos of the decals pse .

Will send you some.

Edited by Jakkals.

I'm becoming desperate. Rain the whole week... and another week of rain forecast....

Maybe it's the weekend for route badge hunting on zwift...

My plan was to take a few days off from the bike, by yesterday I was feeling better and wanting to ride again, but rain. No problem I said, will hit it this weekend and next week. But the rain has other ideas.

I should probably just go out in the rain and ride, but need to get my head right to do that.

Rode in the rain this morning and while it was horrible, it was also exhilarating at the same time. It’s been a while since I last got rained on while out riding, so it makes it rather unique when it does happen.

Will I do the 140Km planned for tomorrow, if it’s raining again like this morning? Probably not, but I’ll still go out, even if it’s on the knobblies and I end up with a quarter of the mileage. I have some of the gear to make it bearable, yet hardly ever use it as it hardly ever rains (proper) on a ride.

For those who like the GoPro systems here’s a nice new toy:

Yeah, got that little lens, it really is impressive with its stabilisation and horizon levelling .....almost like using the Max and then not having to reframe and no image distortion.

Two observations:

1. Take care, it gets scratched easily (I'm on my second one in 2 months!)

2. Water drops cause big issues in the surf...I'm going to be testing a new product punted by Chris Rogers that doesn't disperse like all the other hydrophobic coating like RainX but rather creates a film on the lens that the water merges with...no drops at all...

Oh and yeah it maxes out at 2.7K 60fps so not super 4K resolution...yet....

Rode in the rain this morning and while it was horrible, it was also exhilarating at the same time. It’s been a while since I last got rained on while out riding, so it makes it rather unique when it does happen.

Will I do the 140Km planned for tomorrow, if it’s raining again like this morning? Probably not, but I’ll still go out, even if it’s on the knobblies and I end up with a quarter of the mileage. I have some of the gear to make it bearable, yet hardly ever use it as it hardly ever rains (proper) on a ride.

the thing with rain is just accepting that its going to be wet. Once you get over that it is enjoyable. 

Where I grew up! The Prince-town of the Karoo! :clap:  

I'm keen to see what route you take from there! Some very good rides, but let me not lead you! Once there you cannot really make a bad choice.  :) Some longer, some shorter, some steeper, some flatter, but all good! :thumbup:

With the recent flooding I wonder which roads are available now ?  Seemed like some serious flooding in Meiringspoort ....

SURE Arno did advise him of the current options though ....

Often Swartberg is closed for vehicles, but they let cycles through ....

EDIT .... I see Arno did assist with options

Any feedback on the condition of Meiringspoort ?

Edited by ChrisF

What trickery is this??How does it do this?

I'm guessing it must have gyroscopic or similar sensors so it can detect the changes and then the data can be used to stabilize and rotate the video.

This kind of explains it: (the trick seems to be in the cropping as well)

https://www.redsharknews.com/gopro-max-lens-mod-a-full-guide-to-what-it-is-and-what-it-does

Edited by MrJacques

the thing with rain is just accepting that its going to be wet. Once you get over that it is enjoyable.

exactly.