• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Riding 'lots' isn't necessarily a route to riding faster, in fact it probably rarely is, but if it's your passion and faster isn't your goal then there's lots to be gained from it ????

A youngster I know (who rides for a professional road team) says that training too much on his Mtb makes him very strong, but also slow. Training on his road bike is what makes him fast. 

36 minutes ago, DJR said:

A youngster I know (who rides for a professional road team) says that training too much on his Mtb makes him very strong, but also slow. Training on his road bike is what makes him fast. 

This is wetenskaplik true. 

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Riding 'lots' isn't necessarily a route to riding faster, in fact it probably rarely is, but if it's your passion and faster isn't your goal then there's lots to be gained from it ????

20211117_082102.jpg

Lots of riding at low intensity can be good.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:16 AM, copperhead said:

Around a bit. Bo piket burg tonight. Back to Ceres tomorrow. Might get some Tankwa in there too. Need a new chain ???? so have to find a bike shop.

20211115_054959.jpg

20211114_163611.jpg

20211114_161403.jpg

IMG_20211114_143715_772.jpg

This brings back many memories. My Grandfather was for a long time the general manager at Kliprivierpark. We spent many December vacations there. I remember going/walking to the NG Church on Christmas morning in a kortbroek and plakkies...

11 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Quite literally just made it to Kaleo before the heavens opened. That mean leaving Ceres at 6am so it was a good choice. Trails here tomorrow and the next day. Then back to Tankwa hopefully. Rain is proper here. Keep warm folks.

IMG_20211117_085310_054.jpg

20211117_103546.jpg

IMG_20211117_085309_949.jpg

IMG_20211117_085309_998.jpg

IMG_20211117_085310_164.jpg

nice trail around Kaleo. Enjoy

Very jealous

HAHAHAHA, Many many many years ago there was a controversy of horse meat pies being sold. Everyone bought them and non was the wiser. I cant remember the brand, but it was available in every corner store around cape town

54 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

HAHAHAHA, Many many many years ago there was a controversy of horse meat pies being sold. Everyone bought them and non was the wiser. I cant remember the brand, but it was available in every corner store around cape town

Spur were also at the centre of a horse meat controversy years back. To be fair, meat is meat. Some cultures eat cats, some dogs, some guinea pigs, some cows, pigs, antelope etc.... 

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

I am not sure if this is dinner or cute. 

20211118_105310.jpg

French ancestors?

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Spur were also at the centre of a horse meat controversy years back. To be fair, meat is meat. Some cultures eat cats, some dogs, some guinea pigs, some cows, pigs, antelope etc.... 

That was way back when Rambo was still hardcore!  Other can so as they please, but I will stick to the usual bees, vark, skaap and some wilds vleisie.  Chicken, duck, turkey etc is veggies .... :).

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I've heard Zebra meat is nice. Stripey / Pyjama horse.