Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

3 minutes ago, gerriemtb said:

Also not an expert, but that distinctive  V on the head points to this being a Night Adder. 

Agree, it did look like a "Adder" but not a Pofadder.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

I have been off the bike since my last post. 

The last week saw me overindulging in birthday festivities, thus my ride yesterday at VG with the missus was. Tough, to say the least.

Came upon this dead puffy, was smack bang in the middle of the trail. I moved it over to the rock on the side of the trail, so that scavengers may get it. 

IMG_7160.jpg.e3b7798ccf79ea5cd538ce2b3999d99f.jpg

By the time we hit Greek church climb, temps were well into the 30's. I was sweating the last 3 days's beer out at an alarming rate.

IMG_7161.jpg.b36569e1fa3c36a54f13477694927075.jpg

Made it to the shade of the church (it was sunday after all)

IMG_7162.jpg.7bf63e39793d38016e27a24ffed2ee31.jpg

Then, time for recovery at Ale House.

IMG_7165.jpg.1ff02bcfdf98e85abeaf065182c665b6.jpg

I need to go back to VG! Haven't been there in years, I last rode there just after Eric had his accident.

20 minutes ago, gerriemtb said:

Also not an expert, but that distinctive  V on the head points to this being a Night Adder. 

Ah yes, my bad, you are right, forgot about Night Adders, they look quite similar, Egg Eaters and Night Adders that is

Edited by Chadvdw67

7 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Whereabouts is this spot? I will be there next week. 

The first photo is on the "main" road about 8 km south of the National Park offices. The other 2 are on the way to the Langkloof Camp site. From the park offices, Langkloof is about 15 km up the Kloof. I camped at Perdekloof.

1 minute ago, erasmus.merwe@gmail.com said:

The first photo is on the "main" road about 8 km south of the National Park offices. The other 2 are on the way to the Langkloof Camp site. From the park offices, Langkloof is about 15 km up the Kloof. I camped at Perdekloof.

I see that this post was done via my gemail address, I logged on via Google.

1 minute ago, copperhead said:

Thanks. I think I know where they are. Did you do gannaga pass at all? I am planning to go back there to ride up it. Think your photos are about 25kms away ????

Awesome pictures. 

I did Gannaga with the bakkie on Saturday to go and watch the rugby at the Lodge. Your sums are close, Gannaga Lodge was 35km from Perdekloof and from Perdekloof to the main through road is 7 km. So Gannaga Pass with the bike is still on the to do list. A few years ago on a hike across the Tankwa, I hiked up the Pass and stayed at the lodge.

34 minutes ago, Mr Legs said:

I did Gannaga with the bakkie on Saturday to go and watch the rugby at the Lodge. Your sums are close, Gannaga Lodge was 35km from Perdekloof and from Perdekloof to the main through road is 7 km. So Gannaga Pass with the bike is still on the to do list. A few years ago on a hike across the Tankwa, I hiked up the Pass and stayed at the lodge.

is it still owned by the Scottish law professor? it was a few years ago, and after a massive Sunday lunch he insisted on speaking Afrikaans to me in a thick Scottish brogue

35 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

is it still owned by the Scottish law professor? it was a few years ago, and after a massive Sunday lunch he insisted on speaking Afrikaans to me in a thick Scottish brogue

I am not sure if we are speaking about the same place, I have known the owner for the last few years (10?) to be Johan Visagie, his family have owned the farm at the top of the pass for many years.

4 hours ago, gerriemtb said:

You are quite correct Sir.  Distinctive V on the head.