Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

11 hours ago, Super Sywurm said:

Did you get yourself a new one?

Nope, not another Rapide, part availability and time to build made me decide to buy a complete bike from the classifieds. 

and seeing this is the Where did your bike take you thread, here it is, at Thaba Trails, first time out on a “proper” ride!

E951A67B-7AC9-445F-AD6C-ED0E63ECB441.jpeg

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Stretched@Birth said:

Nope, not another Rapide, part availability and time to build made me decide to buy a complete bike from the classifieds. 

and seeing this is the Where did your bike take you thread, here it is, at Thaba Trails, first time out on a “proper” ride!

E951A67B-7AC9-445F-AD6C-ED0E63ECB441.jpeg

How does the ride feel of the Giant compare to the Rapide?

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

B-lines .... 😋

Screenshot_20220102-184813_WhatsApp.jpg.e729ffb24eec54dc7069825845b76c3c.jpg

Screenshot_20220102-184816_WhatsApp.jpg.43bd9fa1d6387b0c0c1c44997039d9dd.jpg

Another rider on the trails ...

I managed some runs down the new flow line last Friday, and eventually found I could get some air time over the smaller tables on the B-line and even managed to clear the smaller of the two drop-offs comfortably. A week prior to that I could barely hang on coming down that line as my leg kept wanting to vacate the pedal at the slightest hint of trouble.

...soon 😎

19 hours ago, AB said:

Kom de Pad - Knysna

E0A77D70-E1A3-469C-9DA4-2EE9E27D9A52.jpeg

My last K2C back in '18 I came into this particular corner carrying waaaay too much speed . . . and that was when I realised I had run out brake pads . . . when I pulled a fist-full with zero response from the wheels . . . and that was how I bek@kked myself. I so very nearly went over that wall on the left. The rest of the ride was interesting to say the least.

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Screenshot_20220103-125413_WhatsApp.jpg.26cb245b770b2b7e5d6288adc9ac5039.jpg

I think it's more impressive that he managed to start again after stopping here than if he managed to do it all the way to the top in one go !

Just now, Jbr said:

I think it's more impressive that he managed to start again after stopping here than if he managed to do it all the way to the top in one go !

Two of the stops were VERY tricky to get going again ....

He previously walked most of it .... I stayed with him and nudged him to aim for some or other marker 15m ahead, then the next and next ....

At least now he KNOWS he can.

38 minutes ago, 117 said:

A familiar site to the riders from the south

IMG_20220103_175445.jpg

Hoping to ride the opposite direction for breakfast sometime this week. Just need to find some mates that aren't working.

Opened my 2022 account today, came in at 3rd wicket down.

Was supposed to be an easy 60 minute ride at 2.3-2.4W/Kg ride with a group, or at least advertised as such.
Then got stuck in transit between Watopia and Makuri Islands, so missed the start by 2.5 mins despite joining them with 4 mins to go.
Thought, if i ride at 3-3.5W/Kg I'll catch them after 10-15 mins; I never saw them again, as they were riding away at 3.5W/Kg for most of the route.
At least I had a cookie crumb trail to follow... lots of yellow dots to catch and pass.

11 hours ago, ChrisF said:

He previously walked most of it .... I stayed with him and nudged him to aim for some or other marker 15m ahead, then the next and next ....

Can you without the e-bike?  ....  🙊🙈😁😂

11 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Great that he has a friend like you, @ChrisF. If I didn't have people motivating me like this when I started, I would have gotten discouraged very quickly. 

Ok I know I mostly post pics from the same spot, but it usually offers the best view of the sky during my normal route. 

left home to clear blue skies, by the halfway mark I was chasing the storm home. 
Sitting at work now and skies have cleared again. 
DBC60793-5E79-425B-8EDC-165DA6A6AEC2.jpeg.dcede8d7946a7e8ea3536d000f9b9f7a.jpeg