Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

54 minutes ago, Meezo said:

and how'd you find it?

It's quite loose at the moment but also a gentle reminder for me is that this is our normal riding conditions

It was a whole lot of fun. The climbs weren't too difficult and the single track coming down felt endless.

Would really love to give the DH track a try next time, it looks like a nice challenge.

It was quite loose, but no worse than the trails out in Paarl/Wellington.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Mr Legs said:

Easy and slow along Karwyderskraal.

IMG20220106094917.jpg

I have good and bad memories of that bridge from last year.
The good ride was on day 1 of my holiday, and the bad was the last day (gippo guts on a ride is horrible; especially when wearing bib shorts).

I was just looking through the segments I did on my Tokai ride two days ago, and noticed that a number of segments had insane KOM times.

I'm happy to admit that I'm not the fastest rider around, but I found this particular segment leaderboard difficult to believe....

Segment is "Top of vasbyt to first corner".Screenshot_20220107_092309.jpg.d5bef0b5267164ef73796a6a746b0d3f.jpg

7 minutes ago, Trashy said:

I was just looking through the segments I did on my Tokai ride two days ago, and noticed that a number of segments had insane KOM times.

I'm happy to admit that I'm not the fastest rider around, but I found this particular segment leaderboard difficult to believe....

Segment is "Top of vasbyt to first corner".Screenshot_20220107_092309.jpg.d5bef0b5267164ef73796a6a746b0d3f.jpg

90% of the segments in Tokai are either old (pre fire and post fire) or severally skewed with gps drift...

Full trail segments are better gauge but consider times post fires to see where how close you are to those times. I know pick a fast rider and see how far I'm off from him or her, in this case the KOM there is Theo Erlangsen who probably skipped the corners but gapping 60% of the trail dark fest style

There was an idea back in the day to contact strava to wipe all the create segments and recreate them post fires, just seemed too much admin.

That I dont think is a strava problem. It comes in when data is imported from different gps devices and file types. Wiping the segments and then recreating them, will just end up with similar results.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, ChrisF said:

Cycled from home, then met up with a friend at the trails.

He only started riding in 2020 .... he took a couple of breathers .... but got to the top without walking.

Screenshot_20220103-125413_WhatsApp.jpg.26cb245b770b2b7e5d6288adc9ac5039.jpg

Screenshot_20220103-125435_WhatsApp.jpg.49c9e4a39e743df299652d8f6f633626.jpg

Where is this please ? moving to cape soon , and building todo list 😉 

42 minutes ago, Milosh said:

Where is this please ? moving to cape soon , and building todo list 😉 

Contermanskloof, climbing up to the mast.

Part of the Tygerberg trail network.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Well with the amount of sun reflecting from those wit skoene what did you expect ?

Hey, some guys prefer a white Speedo at Clifton; some guys prefer white dancing shoes when on the road. 😙

18 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Hey, some guys prefer a white Speedo at Clifton; some guys prefer white dancing shoes when on the road. 😙

You get my vote. I would much rather see your white dancing shoes opposed to white Speedo's any day of the week.

For the record, those shoes look sharp. Nice.

7 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

Pedaling around Berg River Dam this morning..

Those views are stunning, must be awesome to ride there !