Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

13 hours ago, ChrisF said:

He only started riding in 2020 .... he took a couple of breathers .... but got to the top without walking.

Sectioning that hill is the only way I manage to get to the top. I have to date not managed to ride it in one go. RESPECT to anyone who is able. I've made peace with the fact I'm just not built for that type of riding. I tried once and about 10 meters before the cement section I started seeing flashing lights and dark spots, forcing me to dismount and very nearly started puking.

In my defence though, I have zero issues descending from the mast down the two Rhino's - I can blast that all week long, and twice on Sunday's 😎.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Hoping to ride the opposite direction for breakfast sometime this week. Just need to find some mates that aren't working.

Great ride that 👌

3 hours ago, ouzo said:

Ok I know I mostly post pics from the same spot, but it usually offers the best view of the sky during my normal route. 

left home to clear blue skies, by the halfway mark I was chasing the storm home. 
Sitting at work now and skies have cleared again. 
DBC60793-5E79-425B-8EDC-165DA6A6AEC2.jpeg.dcede8d7946a7e8ea3536d000f9b9f7a.jpeg

We went out at 6am . Looked overcast but per my weather app no rain forecast. 10 minutes in the rain started with big drops. 5 minutes after I got home the sun was shining and the skies were clear.

Saw a fellow cyclist not on a good day. He was commuting to work as he had a large backpack. 

1st time we saw him he was adjusting his front brake caliper. We went in opposite directions around an industrial complex . Then the rain and wind started. Later we passed him again and he was walking with his bike - a rear wheel puncture. He declined our offer of assistance both times. 

13 minutes ago, I FLY said:

We went out at 6am . Looked overcast but per my weather app no rain forecast. 10 minutes in the rain started with big drops. 5 minutes after I got home the sun was shining and the skies were clear.

Saw a fellow cyclist not on a good day. He was commuting to work as he had a large backpack. 

1st time we saw him he was adjusting his front brake caliper. We went in opposite directions around an industrial complex . Then the rain and wind started. Later we passed him again and he was walking with his bike - a rear wheel puncture. He declined our offer of assistance both times. 

yeah my weather app also said no rain and very little wind, fortunately I was in the shower already when it started raining.

6 minutes ago, guidodg said:

0DC0C07D-84AE-49FF-928A-F1B0E3FD6D03.jpg

I know these guys have become aggressive nuisances, but I still think they're cool

18 hours ago, Jbr said:

I think it's more impressive that he managed to start again after stopping here than if he managed to do it all the way to the top in one go !

This is where i value my dropper post, stopping on a hill like that, drop the post it's a lot easier to get rolling again

4 hours ago, copperhead said:

Quick game of cards with these fellas in Tokai. Perfect morning up there.

20220105_102109.jpg

20220105_102102.jpg

I rode past them a few times this morning. I did not enjoy it.

36 minutes ago, Trashy said:

First time riding Tokai2106376779_IMG_20220105_1016342.jpg.380536445e1c35b89e3f9a1bc82a20e5.jpg

and how'd you find it?

It's quite loose at the moment but also a gentle reminder for me is that this is our normal riding conditions