Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

5 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Will give Rietdakkie a try next time I do Bainskloof - Calabash just disappoints every time...

Resurfaced Bainskloof now my favourite road ride to do in the area

I smashed a cheese and bacon burger at Calabash on the way to Worcester. It was quite good, but dont bother ordering coffee. Rietdakkie was a quick refuel on the way back, i’ll stop there again for sure! They even contributed to our fundraising campaign, very friendly people indeed!

Edited by gemmerbal

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

I was fighting the wind all the way to Worcester, with a slight reprieve on the way back until I got back on the Wellington side when it was nose down again. It has to be done Chris, can’t hide from the wind during the Munga.

VERY true words.

Well done

53 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

@christovdw lives that side…

Hi @gemmerbal and @ChrisF

As far as trails go, I'm not aware of anything starting around the Rietdakkie.  Some very good riding in that area, but mostly with organised events.  (Wolseley MTB festival is on the 29th of October btw...)

If you venture into the Slanghoek valley there's some good stuff at the Slanghoek Cellar.  Don't bother with Du Toitskloof's trails, tbh. De Wet cellar has some nice trails too.  Plenty of gravel around between Worcester, McGregor, Robertson and Montagu as well if that's your fancy.  Check out Komoot!

The whole of Worcester has plenty of marked (via Worcester Wheelers) and unmarked trails. All is pretty much natural dirt/farm road, etc with very little to no formally built trails.  The terrain is harsh with plenty of shale rock - buggers up tires!

Cheers,

Christo

The Hills challenge yesterday close to Montagu. 

After a hard Friday night we were only able to open the taps around 30kms just to have a tyre cut close to the end. Luckily a bit of words and some plugs boet could ride it to the finish 👌🏻all part of the game. 

We were probably the only ones who felt better the further we went 🤣

IMG-20221022-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20221022-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20221022-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20221022-WA0004.jpg

20221022_083842.jpg

IMG-20221022-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20221022-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

Work, family and a cycle race this weekend has kept available time to ride outside to a minimum. I never thought I'd be doing 4-5 rides per week on the IDT... I guess it's better than what I did in 2010-2013, where I just didn't ride.

Last night was a 90-minute endurance ride taking on these climbs; can you identify them:
image.png.f93eca13df90358e476decfa93b2c453.png

• A - 
  • B - 
  • C - 
  • D - 

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Work, family and a cycle race this weekend has kept available time to ride outside to a minimum. I never thought I'd be doing 4-5 rides per week on the IDT... I guess it's better than what I did in 2010-2013, where I just didn't ride.

Last night was a 90-minute endurance ride taking on these climbs; can you identify them:

• A - 
  • B - 
  • C - 
  • D - 

Rather you than me, IDT is not fun at all ... :(

6 hours ago, TheoG said:

Rather you than me, IDT is not fun at all ... :(

interval training is okay; the split between hard and easy makes for some variety and makes a 75-90min workout go by in a flash. It’s the long, easy rides that should be done outside.