Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

24 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Early morning rides do have their advantages.
We have seen many many owls on our meanderings.  About 3 weeks ago I came across a porcupine in the neighborhood in Faerie Glen.
No traffic
Nice and cool in summer

dont get me wrong, I prefer early morning rides, but instead of riding 6 days a week I'll cut it back to maybe 4 or 5.

But maybe now that warmer weather is here I'll change my mind about it

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

In month 5 of getting up at 4:30 to exercise before work.

Every so often my wife gets up early because of this .... certainly thee worst part of early exercise.

I've tried to do as much as I can to be as silent and unobtrusive as possible, I dont even turn on any lights, my cellphone torch is switched on in the bathroom and I get dressed by the glow of light coming from there.

I'd rather ride in the afternoon, every (planned) day, than try force myself to get up early in the morning. I did it for many years, but I'm much more consistent now in my current routine. Each to their own.

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I'd rather ride in the afternoon, every (planned) day, than try force myself to get up early in the morning. I did it for many years, but I'm much more consistent now in my current routine. Each to their own.

yep, everyone has their preference, I know for me, by the time the afternoon has rolled up I've thought of a million excuses and I've gotten stuck into doing something else.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I tried the afternoon thing.

My workday often finish at another site.  Getting home is irregular to put it mildly.

I also find I just dont have energy in the afternoon.  On the odd occasion when I can commute, with a few extra km on the way home, I have to take an energy bar.

Just glad I found a schedule that works, and that I consistent with it.

I was riding up to 5 mornings in the week. Then on election day I found myself flipping into a hole while jumping in the wind. From there it was recover from all the hurt the landing part inflicted. Then the bike broke. Then the rain started smacking the Cape like it was being paid to do so. Then I got sick. Then I got sick again. Then I got sick agaaaaaain. This is really getting old now. 

It's mid August and I am wondering when I can get out on the bike in the morning again. Back to average 200km / week from less than 10. 

20 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

To the most distance on a bike in a year since I started keeping record.

On track to reach my goal for both distance and elevation in a year.

I've only made the graph go back to 2017, anything further back is irrelevant

image.png.ad58155e42947c1dc7ce0c3f135726b2.png 

Are you getting this info from Strava

20 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Your health is your wealth. 

IMG_8822.jpeg

I must compliment you (again) on the composition of your pictures Dale. The way the curves of the waves, the shadows on the mountain and the front wheel work together is outstanding.  The picture also make me feel the icy cold early morning in the foreground with the promise of a bit of warmth to come from the sun on the mountains. And then the mix of the two in the refections in the middle ground........but then, I'm a sucker for refections in any picture. Oh, and the lonely figure on the beach! Lovely! Keep posting!

Edited by DJR

5 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Strava feeds StatsHunters, which is where this chart comes from.

actually that chart is from intervals.icu, 

Another great weather day (yes I'm a good weather rider 😎) thought it would be a nice relaxing ride. On the way home while enjoying the views and sun I passed a roadie, on the next hill I heard the gears crunch behind me and the game was on like accidentally revving next to a 90's Honda 😂

20240822_162235.jpg

13 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

At sunset last night at the top of the Devonvalley climb, looking onto the Stellenbosch mountains

Colnago at Devonvalley.jpg

I cannot decede where to look..........the bike or the view...........both stunning!

10 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

actually that chart is from intervals.icu, 

Okay, the Compare page.