• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

last weekend Cederberg trip. Day 1 Jamaka (near Algeria) to Brugkraal via Clanwilliam, Pakhuis (Kakhuis) Pass, old wagon trail. Day 2 Brugkraal back to Jamaka via Sandrift single track.

dis lekker!

here was my little jaunt over the weekend. had a wedding out of town, so the (new for me)bike had to come along. managed to sneak in a little ride between waking up and harry hangover arriving sunday morning. - this is taken from near here - http://www.nerinaguestfarm.com/river-restaurant.htm

post-1830-0-99506700-1442222536_thumb.jpg

MTBeer that looks like a lot of fun!

was great. Pakhuis pass was a slog - 16km climb into a strong wind. But the Cederberg always rewards a bit of hard work with stunning scenery and absolute peace. The locals that we stayed with (5th photo) were also awesome. R300 per person for dinner bed and breakfast. He also arranged beer for us (at our request), so we had some cold ones on the Saturday night.

lol. def me = obelix. I'm no asterix.

BTW - SA boar is colloquially known as bushpig. Beautiful meat

where do you get it?

sorry, I lied... Just found 2 pics from the weekend

A Meeting of Giant Proportions

IMG_20150911_184810-1442223802649.jpg

A view from up high (Raydek in forefront, Ben in mid, Mark bringing up the rear)

IMG_20150912_115111-1442223802737.jpg

If I have my BikeHub history correct - Ben is Marks lightie and you guys helped provide him with that little red Giant, yes? He must have loved that experience with you guys! Nice one.