Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

On saturday two loops of mixed green and blue routes at the vlei

On the final loop going through the turns in the reeds i had to make a sudden stop for one of the locals. Snapped a quick pic and let him be 

Typical, the local made plenty of space for you, but, no, you still have to come onto the hub and complain about slower trail users...

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical, the local made plenty of space for you, but, no, you still have to come onto the hub and complain about slower trail users...

The problem wasn't the pace but rather the direction, everyone knows its clockwise. :)

To Hell and Back, literally and figuratively. Possibly the worst day I have ever spent on a bike. Really felt like hell all day and all the way! I lost every watt of power, every grain of dignity and in the end was reduced to walking on bits of Heartbreak Hill, which I don't do! Front brake gave in on the 1st descent and I rode most of those massive mountains only with a back brake. Scary stuff, I tell you! At least I could still appreciate the spectacular surroundings. The view from my tent is where I curled up to die with Beatbox checking that I was still breathing! Bloody flu, I had to bail for day 2!

post-17716-0-61668600-1447749997_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-82805500-1447750042_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-32549200-1447750058_thumb.jpg

A quick dash around the back of bells inn to rietvlei and back 

Rather wet and the Klipriver was flowing nicely 

post-11225-0-87058300-1447823271_thumb.jpg

post-11225-0-35677000-1447823273_thumb.jpg

Edited by Swany05

On saturday two loops of mixed green and blue routes at the vlei

On the final loop going through the turns in the reeds i had to make a sudden stop for one of the locals. Snapped a quick pic and let him be 

You lucky those locals are normally passing me  :whistling:

Unless some maintenance starts to happen quite quickly at Rietvlei I don't think I'll be riding there much for a while ..... had to stop 4 times yesterday to move fallen down trees and low hanging branches out the way, there were some that I couldn't move however .....

post-271-0-75020300-1447824377_thumb.jpg

Unless some maintenance starts to happen quite quickly at Rietvlei I don't think I'll be riding there much for a while ..... had to stop 4 times yesterday to move fallen down trees and low hanging branches out the way, there were some that I couldn't move however .....

On saturday i saw a similar problem 

There is one massive branch covering part of the blue route, not to mention the energy bar wrappers and chip packets

attachicon.gif12241060_10154703270598521_4735103695776641112_o.jpg

Next time rather stack some rocks or smaller branches up against them and turn it into a ride able feature.

So the sun rises nice and early, allowing one to do 5:20am starts on the Tygerberg trails.

This morning I did my first one for this summer (before work ride) accompanied by good company ........ what a lovely trail Hoogies, with the new section called the "Gorge" being a very lekker addition to the trail.

Peace love and happiness.

post-5403-0-67215200-1447920372_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-74281500-1447920399_thumb.jpg

Had some company yesterday morning. If you look closely you will see the little ones as well????

post-26136-0-41998100-1447920744_thumb.jpeg

Edited by LOOK695

So the sun rises nice and early, allowing one to do 5:20am starts on the Tygerberg trails.

This morning I did my first one for this summer (before work ride) accompanied by good company ........ what a lovely trail Hoogies, with the new section called the "Gorge" being a very lekker addition to the trail.

Exactly!

Nice pics........

Any pics of the new sections?