• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

An LTG inspired photo...from an odd angle.

Had a really interesting ride today, been working on my cadence in spinning, today on flatttish 42 km ride did the spin the legs on easier gear, found I felt out of breathe but the legs kept going for longer. And when they started whining I just ignored them, had I had more time I could have carried on -even did some climbs (slowly but not too slowly) in the big blade :)

And managed to lift front wheel nicely over some things ..progress

yah Uni.

]

When I started cycling all those years ago 2 things were drilled into us by the 'senior' riders in the Lido bunch -

He who spins wins

Riders riding the small gears at the start will be the ones riding the big gears at the finish

Sunrise over the new Mall Of Africa.

post-63215-0-55192400-1461825805_thumb.jpg

Can't believe how busy it was already when I went through there this morning - bunch of idiots wanting to go there on the opening day...

FFS!

How the hell are we to post pics after Gummi has been in this thread.

Anyhoo.

Yesterday saw me being pried out of bed, must have been a crowbar that my wife used, after only a couple of hours' sleep.

post-24416-0-17553700-1461828265_thumb.jpg

Tried to empty the bar on Tuesday night, because my mate is moving to the UK. Went home. installed new chain and kitted NW ring ( a 5 minute job, when not inebriated) and an hour later went to bed. "misplacing" my multitool in the garage during this little adventure.

Started at Avianto, a bit of Phambili and then the cradle track, all the way past Valverde back to Avianto.

Really struggled in the beginning, luckily the alcohol infused sweat served as a bit of a regmakertjie, and I had a most enjoyable ride, albeit very slow and sedate.

post-24416-0-13370600-1461828294_thumb.jpg

Edited by RocknRolla

Sunrise over the new Mall Of Africa.

Can't believe how busy it was already when I went through there this morning - bunch of idiots wanting to go there on the opening day...

took me an an 1:35 to get to work this morning - all because people want to go shopping - I seriously don't get it. N3 north was a parking lot.

Riders riding the small gears at the start will be the ones riding the big gears at the finish

explain this last bit? 

oh, jeez. I have to go and do some work in one of our sites next to Mal of Africa...but am reconsidering. it was already crazy with just the contractors there last week...

took me an an 1:35 to get to work this morning - all because people want to go shopping - I seriously don't get it. N3 north was a parking lot.

Somebody I work with is still stuck on the N3.

I'd forgotten about the mall opening today, otherwise I would never have ridden that way.

The road was already full of parked cars, which I can only assume means the parking lots were already full.

oh, jeez. I have to go and do some work in one of our sites next to Mal of Africa...but am reconsidering. it was already crazy with just the contractors there last week...

Trust me, don't try go near the place.

i agree - don't - i'm already thinking of an alternate route to get home tonight. 

all roads around allandale are a mess

i don't get why they didn't just open yesterday during the public holiday. 

People were queuing outside the Game store since 6am this morning apparently. 

i agree - don't - i'm already thinking of an alternate route to get home tonight. 

all roads around allandale are a mess

i don't get why they didn't just open yesterday during the public holiday. 

People were queuing outside the Game store since 6am this morning apparently. 

I also wondered why they didn't open yesterday. I mean there is still construction all round the place, what would one day sooner have changed (besides not completely f***ing up the traffic for people trying to get to work today)

A friend of mine told me she is meeting somebody for coffee 'quickly' this morning at 09:00 because she has a meeting at 10:00 - she is now not talking to me for my not so subtle explanation of what an idiot she is for believing she can go there quickly and still make a 10:00 meeting...haha

we had a ride and braai at 3 Silos.

We have a little relay race happening the 7th of May so we wanted to practice a bit, we got sidetracked by the local trail builder who invited us to try a new XCO section he is working on.

The new Section is only 1.2km and is way too tough for my current fitness (and skill). My my avg HR was about 179, needless to say I did not finish the rest of the planned ride and opted for some beer and braai.

view from the top as you exit the main trail
ChEAOl8WwAEagV2.jpg

i don't walk, coming back after rinsing the plates
13061977_10154138324243648_8254079855729

explain this last bit?

I guess the thinking was those using easy gears at the beginning would be saving their legs and still have something left at the end ....

we had a ride and braai at 3 Silos.

We have a little relay race happening the 7th of May so we wanted to practice a bit, we got sidetracked by the local trail builder who invited us to try a new XCO section he is working on.

The new Section is only 1.2km and is way too tough for my current fitness (and skill). My my avg HR was about 179, needless to say I did not finish the rest of the planned ride and opted for some beer and braai.

view from the top as you exit the main trail

ChEAOl8WwAEagV2.jpg

i don't walk, coming back after rinsing the plates

13061977_10154138324243648_8254079855729

Is that the new lines they are making on the green route? The one big rock garden is seriously tough to carry speed in and without speed it goes very badly...