• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

My best Dorsberg memory. You heavier guys will appreciate this.

one morning on my way to dorsberg, I came across a guy on his way to meerendal in the Kenridge area, so we decided to travel together.

Now to put this into perspective, at the time I weighed about 115kg's and the guy who joined was much the same.

Upon reaching the top of dorsberg, now understand to get my bulk up that hill, no stopping, takes some effort, we ended up hanging unto the bench just trying to catch some breath.

Whilst doing this a thin scrawny guy came wizzing up, greeted us very friendly and proceeded to go back down again, not looking tired at all.

Not feeling great about my suffering my new riding mate made the best comment ever.

He told me that he took a dump that morning that weighed more than that bloke.

My best Dorsberg memory. You heavier guys will appreciate this.

one morning on my way to dorsberg, I came across a guy on his way to meerendal in the Kenridge area, so we decided to travel together.

Now to put this into perspective, at the time I weighed about 115kg's and the guy who joined was much the same.

Upon reaching the top of dorsberg, now understand to get my bulk up that hill, no stopping, takes some effort, we ended up hanging unto the bench just trying to catch some breath.

Whilst doing this a thin scrawny guy came wizzing up, greeted us very friendly and proceeded to go back down again, not looking tired at all.

Not feeling great about my suffering my new riding mate made the best comment ever.

He told me that he took a dump that morning that weighed more than that bloke.

I HAD A FLIPPING GOOD LAUGH NOW[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Hou die rubber op die grond!

Our newly formed Groot Brak Mountain biker's group ride tonight. A quickie 28.1km.05704a1c25ec3125eac021a94464b2dd.jpgf519dffc0d95bf88cda182433bf870f9.jpgf5b30d767f27a62a00bbb6ccea3c678f.jpg2c663b2d58b393305900e0cb036668b7.jpg2d8136e4caa5953401fcdb05d1747963.jpg

I think I need to change over to Lucky Strike cigarettes as the Camels are throwing me off or better maybe to stop being the sucker.

Edited by BSG

Ou Dorsie

She'll warm you up hey

This kind gent cycled UP Dorst Berg, and had enough energy left to have a nice calm chat with me ... no serious gasping of breath .....

post-110956-0-76034000-1504115715_thumb.jpg

Doubt the photo can properly show the amount of sweat all over his body !!  Die son het GEBLINK op die sweet op sy arms en bene.

post-110956-0-86141300-1504115820_thumb.jpg

I know I cant do it now ... But I also KNOW that with each trip I will cycle up a bit further.  How's this for a personal challenge - for my 50th birthday I would like to cycle up there, ALL the way.

Modderfontein, JHB...Love the Wednesday night rides. Still a little cool, but summer is coming!

That's one serious looking light you've got there [emoji274]

That's one serious looking light you've got there [emoji274]

Night rides get tricky at speed :whistling:  I like the "all-in-one" light without battery packs and wires dangling all over the show. It is a tad heavy, but super bright with good battery life...

This kind gent cycled UP Dorst Berg, and had enough energy left to have a nice calm chat with me ... no serious gasping of breath .....

attachicon.gifMeerendal-6.jpg

Doubt the photo can properly show the amount of sweat all over his body !!  Die son het GEBLINK op die sweet op sy arms en bene.

attachicon.gifMeerendal-9.jpg

I know I cant do it now ... But I also KNOW that with each trip I will cycle up a bit further.  How's this for a personal challenge - for my 50th birthday I would like to cycle up there, ALL the way.

You getting an e-bike for your birhtday  :w00t:

Sorry couldn't resist ...  :whistling:

Edited by Bateleur1

just around the most beautiful Cape Town CBD over lunch ....... all the sites and sounds have made me a happier person.

just around the most beautiful Cape Town CBD over lunch ....... all the sites and sounds have made me a happier person.

No pics???